Many road labels on internal "Road" theme

Started by Mare e monti, January 29, 2015, 14:04:19

Mare e monti

Hello!

I use the internal Road (translated by myself, in German it says "Straße") theme for vector maps. My opinion is, that there are too many road labels, for example B3, L134 or D468 (see attached screenshot).

Can this be reduced?

•  

voldapet

Hi,
there was probably similar discussion one year ago where somebody noticed that highway labels are too huge. On the other hand there are another users for them are labels important (also for me). Unfortunately for us is quite complicated to automatically limit the number of labels in case that area of interest contains lots of motorways or highways. We also have to find some balance between city areas (lots data) and country side. We can change the size of labels or not render labels in this zoom-level but this is wrong solution from my opinion  However does it really complicate the usage of map?
  •  

Mare e monti

Hello voldapet,

no it doesn't complicate the usage, I just thought the the amount could be reduced (the size is fine). I f you look at the left road , there are so many D 486 and EV 15.

Also quite often the city name overlaps the sign (also on screenshot) if this could be avoided, this would look the map more clean.

•  

voldapet

I see... unfortunately text labels or captions are our nightmare in Locus vector maps. We're still little bit limited because the library behind (mapsforge) and we aren't able to works with text as we want. Sorry for that
  •