KMZ-Maps / NZ TOPO

Started by malte, January 21, 2015, 08:57:22

malte

Hey all,
trying to find a solution for my problem for hours and searching this and other forums I hope someone can help me.

What I want to do is:
to store/import/show the NZ TOPO Map an locus.

What I do:
1. I download a kmz-map file (which includes all map images) from http://www.topomap.co.nz/
2. I copy the file (e.g. BN24_GeoTifv1-03.kmz) to locus\mapItems
3. Then: I start Locus\Main Menu\Import Data -> choosing the the stored file
4. Locus says "Files does not contain any points or tracks for the import. Do you want to load and display content on map?"
5. After confirming: The NZ TOPO/the kmz-file is loaded and shown as (a sort of) overlay of the also stored vector NZ-map (from openandromap).

The problem:
a) The display of the two maps together is opaque: I can't see the NZ TOPO details very cleary.
I checked: Main Menu\More\Map tools\Map overlays: Settings say: max opaque - but I can't change anything here?!
b) It would be much nicer if Locus handles the kmz-file as a map of its own: shows it as a "pure" map (not as overlay) and stores it in Maps\Personal (what is actually not the case)
c) And a big challenge: Locus should handle more than one downloaded and stored kmz-files from NZ TOPO as one map - not each file as a different overlay which must importet separately.

Any ideas/help concerning this issue?

Thanx a lot!
Malte
P.S.: Using Locus Pro 3.5.3 with Sony Xperia Z2 (Android 4.4.4)

•  

voldapet

Hi,

It isn't needed to import KMZ if you have already copied map into locus/mapItems. So please:
-  copy file into Locus/mapItems.
- start Locus and open menu > data > tab Items.
- here you can see the names of KMZ files. Please tap on it file and file will be highlighted. Thats means that file/map is visible. You can enable more then one file.

If you want to turnoff background map. You can choose Maps > Online > Blank

•  

malte

Hello voldapet,
your way it works quite well.
Thanx a lot for the great solution!
Malte
  •  

voldapet

•