Photo scale in geocache "Basic Info" tab

Started by balloni55, January 01, 2015, 13:50:16

balloni55

first of all "Happy new year"  ;D

Hello menion,
Photos in "Listing-Tab" and "Image-Tab" are scaled on device screen, can be zoomed and scrolled :)
But if a photo is insert in cachelisting under
ctl00_ContentBody_ShortDescription
and visible in "Basic Info" tab
it is only partial displayed and i can not zoom or scroll it
e.g. http://coord.info/GC5HMVH
Locus Map 4.23.1.2 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Hi balloni,

hmm thanks for report. Hard to say what to do with this. Here do not belong any +/- controls. It should be simple "description" place. Also images from here are already included in "Images" tab right? Maybe remove images completely? Only in case of geocaches & Basic info tab. What you think?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
QuoteAlso images from here are already included in "Images" tab right? Maybe remove images completely? Only in case of geocaches & Basic info tab
i found this only one times till now and so i agree with you. Remove photos of "short discription" in Basic info and display it as now in image tab.

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

c.s.g.

Hello menion,

I suspect, you show the "short decription" of the geocache in the "Allgemein" tab. Right?

Another possible solution is:
Do not show the "short decription" in "Allgemein" tab at all.
Instead put this info in "Listing" tab in front of the "long description" info.
Maybe separated the two descriptions via a line.
And maybe handle this behaviour by a checkbox in the settings.

c.s.g.
  •  

Menion

Hi guys, both solutions (even it do not look so), are quite complicated for me.

I'm trying to enable some automatic rescale, but it do not work as I expect. Because balloni wrote, it's really rare problem excuse me, but I'll rather leave it as is. Isn't it a big problem?
  •  

c.s.g.

Hi menion,

Quote from: menion on January 06, 2015, 15:28:14
Hi guys, both solutions (even it do not look so), are quite complicated for me.

I'm trying to enable some automatic rescale, but it do not work as I expect. Because balloni wrote, it's really rare problem excuse me, but I'll rather leave it as is. Isn't it a big problem?
For me it is not a big problem. My suggestion would only be an improvement. But I can live with the solution realized so far in the Locus Pro version without any changes.

I am using GSAK to create the gpx file with the geocaches for import in Locus Pro.
If it trouble me, I can optimize the creation of this gpx file within GSAK by copying the "short description" in front of the "long description" and than empty the "short description" before createing the gpx file for Locus Pro. So when Locus Pro is importing this gpx file, "short description" is always empty ( Info in "Allgemein" tab is empty too ). But the "Listing" tab contains the "short description" in front of the "long description" separated by a line.

c.s.g. 
  •  

balloni55

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

really? :) If you talk to me, then I only did small change in code, that has absolutely no effect on this problem, so I've leave it ...
  •