show speed and altitude in one chart

Started by Matthy_47, April 01, 2011, 18:17:26

Matthy_47

To show speed and altitude in one chart, I would like the altitudeaxis to be places on one side and the speedaxis on the other side.
  •  

Menion

this is not actually possible. I'm using one library for graphs and this is not possible yet. But I already contacted author and if he will add this into his lib, I'll also implement this into Locus
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Matthy_47

thank you
  •  

comzine

Could you please implement the feature to display only the speed in the top menu?
Instead of GPS, Altitude, Speed ... only big numbers in km/h - for example:
This would be great when biking without another bike computer. So you can recognize the current speed very fast.
Sorry for my bad English ^^
Great app! Thank you very much!
And: When you implement this feature, I will buy your app *g* ;-)
Tobi
  •  

Menion

hmm I was think about it and I think this leads to little bit "too complicated app" and I don't want this. I have one old plan to create customizable screen where you should place some stats to view on display, do ... I hope I'll do it one time ;)
  •  

Matthy_47

Quote from: "menion"this is not actually possible. I'm using one library for graphs and this is not possible yet. But I already contacted author and if he will add this into his lib, I'll also implement this into Locus

... any news to this?

Other idea would be, to show two charts on one page: speed above and altitude below, so one can compare.... ;-)

Thanks Matthias
  •  

Menion

hmm, better wait for a while until chart developer create solution ;)
  •  

Matthy_47

O.K. I will.....
  •  

MaleSmurf

Quote from: "menion"hmm I was think about it and I think this leads to little bit "too complicated app" and I don't want this. I have one old plan to create customizable screen where you should place some stats to view on display, do ... I hope I'll do it one time ;)

Hi Menion!  A customizable screen would be great, like the CMS in TrekBuddy. I did a lot of artwork there  ;) . Such a screen in Locus would be funtastic. Also some variables like speed, average speed, distance and travelled time would be very, very good to have it together with the displayed map. It should be like a menue which could be optionally displayed.

I think many users would like to see these two features...  :D
  •  

Menion

I heard something about CMS ... may you simply point me to some page with some examples? I would like to see how hard is to understand CMS format and to generate some gui from this format ...
  •  

MaleSmurf

Here we go... this is the last cms which I created for TrekBuddy. I had TrekBuddy running on an old NOKIA 6300 mobilephone... Meanwhile many of the cms are using my graphics and ideas. I had no problem with this but some used almost my whole artwork and "sold" it as their artwort and this is not ok...

//http://www.trekbuddy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2923
  •  

benuli

I love locus and would totally agree with MaleSmurf that a CMS like in TrekBuddy would be great! I used always TrekBuddy as a replacement for my bike computer for nearly 4 years now, but for Android Devices Locus is the better software.
  •  

Menion

keep this topic for charts please. About CMS, MaleSmurf create topic here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=529
  •  

Menion

so in new market version, is this request done. so please try. Maybe it's not perfect yet but I think ... it's a progress :)
  •  

Matthy_47

Thanks, Menion!
  •