Highlighting of tracks

Started by roelofdebeer, December 18, 2014, 13:16:29

roelofdebeer

Before version 3.5.1 when the cursor was within a track or 'hovering' above a track, this track would lighten up. In version 3.5.1 however, nothing happens.

A pitty for me because this was a real useful functionality. I don't know when this 'disseapeared', but for sure that in 3.2.0 it was still working.

Is there a way to get this functionality back?

Thanks!

Roelof
  •  

Menion

Hello Roelof,

currently there is no plan to bring this feature back. Anyway you still may simply tap on track to select it. Then this track will highlight it's points when you hover it with center cross.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Christian

I'm a big friend of highlight the track because I use arrows as line on round trips. But simply tapping the track is much easier and more reliable than fiddling with the cross over track.
  •  

Menion

I think so. Anyway main reason for this step was usability and simplicity - now, no matter how many tracks you have on map - you may be sure, that visible information are really for a track you previously selected. Also when you move with map, when you use "edit mode" and move between points to left/right by arrows, Locus now very simply keep focus on one simple track no matter if below center cross is any different track. Hope current solution won't be a problem and bring some better UX then before.
  •  

roelofdebeer

Ok, I understand. Probably possible for me to work around. Brings me to a question though, sometimes 'improvements' are not real improvements for all users, would there be a way to downgrade a newer version towards an older one?

Roelof
  •  

Menion

Hello,

if you plan to do some downgrades, best is to keep APK files as a personal backup. Anyway in worst case, I may upload for you older version of Locus to Dropbox. Anyway I generally prefer to fix/improve any problems then distribute older versions.
  •  

ohgood

Quote from: menion on December 21, 2014, 13:06:14
Hello,

if you plan to do some downgrades, best is to keep APK files as a personal backup. Anyway in worst case, I may upload for you older version of Locus to Dropbox. Anyway I generally prefer to fix/improve any problems then distribute older versions.

all versions would be nice,  please!

I keep backups with titanium backup,  but some of my friends don't have rooted phones, so a repository of previous versions would very helpful.
  •  

Menion

As I wrote - "Anyway I generally prefer to fix/improve any problems then distribute older versions."

So if anyone is interested, I may upload certain version, that's all.
  •  

roelofdebeer

I would be most grateful if you send me APK  version 3.5.1 and 3.2.0, but I understand that fixing and improving problems is better!
It is simply not possible to create the perfect app for all different users I guess..

regards, Roelof
  •  

Menion

3.2.3 Locus Pro (as latest stable 3.2.x version) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/vs87puw4ksirzos/LocusPro_316_3.2.3_release.apk?dl=0

3.5.1 - I believe there is no reason for this version. Exists 3.5.2 that fix some problems. If there is still issue with 3.5.2, just tell me. I'll release soon 3.5.3 so you have last day to report any critical issues ...
  •