New track record widget

Started by Menion, November 09, 2014, 23:45:28

Menion

ah and one screenshot for first feedback (content & design). Good night

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on November 09, 2014, 23:45:28
one screenshot for first feedback (content & design)

About the new record widget:
If i use a widget - I(!) don't need all the stuff like a dashboard clone.
So, maybe less is more...

gynta

Quote from: menion on November 15, 2014, 08:22:22
New BETA 3.4.0.1, main changes:
- new widgets for track record. Test it, try it and help me decide what is missing and opposite, what should not be there. It's possible to create different sizes etc. of course, it's just on discussion and on test in the field.

First I uninstalled PRO and FREE.
After new install BETA 3.4.0.1, I can see now the new widgets on my Android Apps/widgets.

SGTab:
widget short name "Locus - track rec 31" need 2x1 space
widget short name "Locus - track rec 41" need 4x1 space
widget short name "Locus - track rec 42" need 4x1 space

btw.
I'm unable to upausing a record...

brb...

balloni55

Thanks gynta for help 8) without your advice i was not able get it
my first impression:
QuoteI'm unable to upausing a record...
- confirm, and also the blue circle arround orange button
advanced widget,
- click on "locus free" > free open :) , but if "locus free" is opened and i am on startscreen, i cant jump to opened "locus free" by click oncemore on this button.
- setting button, how can i change profil during recording?
I miss the BLUE button in size of stop and pause

First fieldtest later on my jogging tour ;)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on November 15, 2014, 08:22:22
New BETA 3.4.0.1, main changes:
- new widgets for track record. Test it, try it and help me decide what is missing and opposite, what should not be there. It's possible to create different sizes etc. of course, it's just on discussion and on test in the field.
SGS2 4.0.4

SGS2 4.1.2

balloni55

after first field test
Quote- setting button, how can i change profil during recording?
ok, i found it: record settings/click on desired profil/set active :)
please display the active "profile icon" on widget 8)

"insert point" button only option give this point a name is needless ::)

CanĀ“t stop locus while i record a track i have started by widget
Example:
i start trackrecording by widget, after a while i want to take a short look on map where i have to go. To save accu i want to close locus but continue trackrecording, unfortunately this is not possible :-[

Edit:
a colored dot (red/orange/green) on widget for satstatus would be also helpfull
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

what do you think?

btw.
tapping on "Locus Free" has no effect when Locus already is running in the background.

balloni55

Quotewhat do you think?
if you want my opinion ;)
it looks good,
my two ideas:
display not a gear on this button, display active profil icon on this button  hike/bike/car
as i wrote in last post.

Second:
Quotea colored dot (red/orange/green) on widget for satstatus would be also helpfull

Quotetapping on "Locus Free" has no effect when Locus already is running in the background
i wrote it with other words ;)
Quote- click on "locus free" > free open :) , but if "locus free" is opened and i am on startscreen, i cant jump to opened "locus free" by click oncemore on this button.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Thanks for a feedback guys. Biggest problems seems to be a set correct sizes. Every device has it different, crazy. Also please keep in mind, that widgets aren't for you, so huge settings buttons (as well as "add waypoints"), should be quite useless for most people. It's has to be clear on first sight what is important (start/stop, maybe! pause), and what isn't (rest) - that's why it looks as it looks now.
  •  

szebenyib

I went biking yesterday and I have learned why it is a good idea to have a separate big button for quickly adding a waypoint. I have added points along the route where I saw a point where you can take water. It was useful because next time I will know how long it takes before I can refill my bottle.

Another thing to consider in my opinion is satellite coverage. I use locus by first tapping on Sat screen and once I have sat coverage AND good accuracy I start the recording. How about pushing the green button once for searching for satellites and displaying accuracy below it? Actual recording would start on second tap. If any time stop is pressed the process would end (searching would stop - nothing to save, or recording would stop like now) this would of course require swapping the pause and stop buttons.
  •  

szebenyib

I know recording does not start without coverage, but I do not like to start recording without an acceptable accuracy and do not want to litter my data by false points in the beginning of the recording.
  •  

Christian

Keep it simple and stupid = KISS

Start, stop, pause and selection of profiles. May be dispay of elapsed time and distance.

Widget should have minimal size i.e. 2x2. Working on all devices.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on November 16, 2014, 07:55:57It's has to be clear on first sight what is important (start/stop, maybe! pause)

best is a grid with free configurable buttons and information fields - 3, 4, 6 and 8 areas:

| x | x | x |  3 x 1

| x | x | x |
| x | x | x |  3 x 2

| x | x | x | x |  4 x 1

| x | x | x | x |
| x | x | x | x |   4 x 2

now we have to know what buttons (with simple functions) and informations are usefull ?
buttons with advanced functions (additional tabs and inputs) should be avoided.

think real!
What do you REALLY need to tap - with device mounted on the handlebar?
and what should we leave inside Locus (dashboard)

- Chris need Start, stop, pause and selection of profiles. Maybe dispay of elapsed time and distance.
- szebenyib need satellite coverage and maybe information for satfix
- balloni55 need ..too much :)
- I only need START, STOP (with autosave - without save dialog!) and Add POI (with autosave - without any dialog). Just same as my simple hardware gpstracker offers.

So - what ever you do with non free configurable widget - it's wrong ;)
a pity  ;D

Menion

Thanks for nice sum!, so ...

Quote from: gynta on November 16, 2014, 16:45:53
So - what ever you do with non free configurable widget - it's wrong ;)
a pity  ;D

as usually during last time. Thanks all for a feedback. I'm thinking about it and it's very similar to this topic http://help.locusmap.eu/responses/how-to-customize-poi-popup-introduced-in-v340 . Without any poll with strictly defined possibilities, topic do not have for me a real value. It's too much options and too low amount of people. So I'll take your feedback as inspiration, do some minor! improvements to current solution and if there will be more votes with requests to improvements, I'll try to create some poll.
  •  

Christian

If you want to make it more difficult you can introduce democratic tools like polls ;)
  •