Vector Map Support

Started by enema, March 31, 2011, 16:38:19

berkley

You know what logical step follows after Vector Map Support?
===> Turn-by-Turn!!! :D
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

elmuSSo

Im really excited! Holidays are coming, so this will be ideal for use during them.

GOOD LUCK!
  •  

Menion

thanks :) I'm still waiting on response from mapsforge owners. I need to be 100% sure, that there is no problem in using part of their library and also need to know how can I support their work because even they do not have any nice application, they created nice library. I see here somewhere really nice possibility to cooperation :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

finnishguy

So could this mean that offline search for addresses might be coming to Locus after all?  :o

Even if not, vectorized maps would in itself be a fantastic addition, and it would bring Locus one step closer to be the one-stop map app for Android. The development of Locus is a joy to follow, as substantial progress seems to be made almost every single day. Great, great work! :)
  •  

elmuSSo

To be honest, im mostly interested in loading some vector map files from different sources, like MapDroyd or OsmAnd. Are building some universal engine, which will be able to load differenet vector map formats? Or it will be focused on one particular format?
  •  

Menion

no, they use own binary format. MapDroyd have also own format which is also "not public" and OsmAnd have also own format as I know ... so no solution here I think
  •  

adelinoaraujo

TURN-BY-TURN yes! Just like OsmAnd. I have made a couple of tests with OsmAnd but it's not as Locus. So I wish Locus could have TBT. Please!!! With sound!
  •  

Menion

I'm working on some kind of TBT, discuss about it here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=912
  •