how to navigate on route w/o using streets

Started by tlchzj79, October 28, 2014, 10:52:01

tlchzj79

I'm a newbie in Locus Pro handling.
My question: how do I navigate to a waypoint/destination if I want to avoid streets where cars can drive ?

I start at my home location and want to cycle to Herrenberg Waldfriedhof what I have set in "My Points". Have located that destination using long tap on the screen, got the GPS coordinates and stored it. Have chossen cycle in "Navigate".

The route will be calculated and displayed showing - obviously - the shortest route not taking into account that the route can use (off course longer) roads/pedatrian ways where no cars are allowed to drive.
I tried a bypass and selected "foot" instead of cycle. But the calculated route will again show the shortest route along streets where cars drive.
I have used the help pages for quite a while - didn't find any answers
  •  

jusc

Which navigation source do you use?
Can you give us a "neutral"  example?
Regards J.
  •  

tlchzj79

Hardware: Nexus 4 (6GB) Android 4.4.4
Baden-Wuerttemberg incl. Vogesen map  from http://www.openandromaps.org/downloads/deutschland
Axel

•  

jusc

Missunderstanding.  ;)
please look at /settings /navigation / source ....  (first on top).
Regards J.
  •  

tlchzj79

this is set to MapQuest

following MapQuest settings are ticked a) Limited access b) Toll road  c) Ferry
  •  

jusc

If you don´t have BRouter installed, try Yours instead of Mapquest
With BRouter I get this:
Regards J.
  •  

tlchzj79

thanks a lot - I'll try this

I'm back with other questions.
Have installed Brouter and have tried in Locus Pro to delete the route which I have shown in screenshot previously.
Cannot find a function to delete the route. Have gone thru Android settings / Apps / Locus / clear cache / clear data. All in vain.
Starting Locus Pro from scratch, the damn route is still displayed. It's driving me nuts.

Do I have to set several waypoints to get the route I want (aka avoid streets where cars can go) ?

... must add a comment. 
I do not have the the right panel on the screen.
Settings are: Map - control & panels / Right panel visibility (Never hide) May be the function I'm looking for it's there (delete route) ?

... found the right panel. It's perfect hidden in Setting => More  / Set right Panel /
but no "delete Route" function anywhere

Axel
  •  

jusc

tap on data menu (top bar, second button from right)
choose tracks (middle)
in you folders you see somthing like (1/10 or other ) then tap on folder.
on the right side there are blue buttons for visible tracks or routes. Tap on this filed to disable track to be shown,
It´s not deleted at this moment
Regards J.
  •  

tlchzj79

thx for your guidance. I do have two entries there
a) tracks (0/0)
b) Recorded (0/0)

The only function I can choose is for these folders are edit (aka rename folder) Import / Export /  Delete.

... I should mention that I deleted (with ES File Explorer) all files Locus has created today hoping that would help - No way

... finally I uninstalled Locus Pro, deleted mainfolder Locus and reinstalled from scratch to get rid of the route I had previously on the map. Very disappointing.

I have used this summer Mapfactor Navigator and OSMand+ and was very satisfied. One click on "clear destination" and that was it.
Couldn't find an easy way to clear destination or delete route in Locus Pro - Am I too stupid ?
Axel
  •  

tlchzj79

@ 0709
thx for guidelines. I defined a testing folder for the tracks and played around . Yes - I was able to delete the tracks I had recorded. But the the last recorded track is still displayed on the screen before I setup a new track. I was anticipating to start a new Search with an "clean" main screen. Can live with that - it's just the matter of being spoiled by other navigation software which are more easy and intuitive to handle :)
Axel (promise to read the FM)
  •  

tlchzj79

..  yep - found that function (hide / unhide / delete) - I' m just back from a cycling exercise with Locus in my shirt pocket following the synthesized voice guidance - " lets go " .
Axel

•  

tlchzj79

Thanks a lot Willy - By the time I will like using Locus
BTW Any idea why the name Locus ( .. has multiple meanings ;)
Axel
  •  

gynta

[OFFtopic]
Quote from: tlchzj79 on October 29, 2014, 17:36:33
( .. has multiple meanings ;)
Axel
Der Joke kommt nur in Germanien an...
...wenn überhaupt  ::)
[/OFFtopic]