Waypoints Disappear at higher zoom levels

Started by CaptKaos2, October 21, 2014, 22:16:03

CaptKaos2

I've had a problem today with Locus Pro whilst using a vector map, though I may have had this occur before.
When using zoom levels above 16/17 and above the waypoints  either disappear or become un-selectable.
The map I am using is the England - offline vector from the Locus Store (Ver 2014.09) , and have tried it with different themes with the same result.
I have attached a video to show the problem, and the Caches GPX  file.

CK
  •  

CaptKaos2

I've been out today and it is now showing the same problem on my OrdS.sqlitedb maps. I have cleared all temp data and reset preferences to default, which made no difference. Next option is to un-install and clear everything from the phone, then re-install, which is a bit drastic.
Anyone any ideas?

CK
  •  

Menion

un-install etc. should not help here.

Unfortunately I'm not able to simulate your problem. Is same issue happen also when you display single (one you attached) on a map? If not, I need whole folder content you see on map to simulate this problem.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

CaptKaos2

I had already uninstalled the app before I saw your post, and it did have an effect. I no longer have the problem in my personal maps (sqlitedb).
Quote from: menion on October 23, 2014, 08:00:19
Is same issue happen also when you display single (one you attached) on a map?

If I understand the above right, if I attach a new waypoint to a cache, when I zoom in on that point, it does not disappear. Although other waypoints in that cache do disappear, and when I zoom back out although they reappear again, they are unselectable.
I have spent the last hour playing with the settings and trying to see what effects they have and trying to see if I can get to the bottom of it. I have found the following.
1. If on zooming in on a waypoint it disappears or becomes unresponsive , selecting settings and then exiting settings without changing anything. Or reselecting the map again from the quick map changer the waypoint reappears and is selectable.
2. If I exit Locus from a vector Map, occasionally all waypoints are deselected on restarting .
Quote from: menion on October 23, 2014, 08:00:19
If not, I need whole folder content you see on map to simulate this problem.
Do you mean the 50 caches that I have selected from my points folder?

BTW Locus had a few FC's  whilst doing these test. Selected send report.

CK
  •  

Menion

hmm few FC's also?

This is werid.

This problem may be caused by invalid initialization of your visible points. So best for me is to simulate your problem. And best to simulate your problem is have copy of you Locus/data/database folder (also with hidden files, not just databases) and also known resolution of your device, so I can exactly simulate what you see on screen. If you do not have a problem with sending a copy of your data for testing, please send it on locus@asamm.com. You may also do a full backup of your database in Backup manager, delete folders that you don't want to share and then send just light version.

Or if you do not want to share your data, please create for me a log with this method. http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:faq:how_to_create_debug_log . Sending logs from Android itself is little bit useless ... usually
  •  

CaptKaos2

Thanks for the reply Menion, I have uploaded the database folder and a full backup to my drive folder and am about to send the link to you.
But I may have found the solution whilst patiently waiting for my wife in a car park after lunch.
I live on the edge of a National Park and there are upward of possibly 6000 caches in a 30 mile radius of the Park. In the past I have had them in separate folders covering different areas. About a month ago I missed some caches whilst on the edge of one of the areas covered as the were in a different folder, so I decided to combine all the folders into 1 so it wouldn't happen again and everything was fine. But since then the number has increased by about 700 and that's when this problem started.
Today I selected the first 100 from the main folder and moved them to a new folder, these are the caches that first caused the problem, and after only selecting those caches to be visible, the problem disappeared.
So it looks like the problem was mine and not Locus, sorry for the inconvenience.

CK
  •  

Menion

Hi,

it will be problem as I wrote - "may be caused by invalid initialization of your visible points" - it means that you probably had any point(s) tooo far away from a location where you were with map and Locus had some problems with correct compute of visibility. Problem is definitely not on your side and it may happen again in a future. So if you have prepared something for test for me, I'll really gladly invest some time to try to find an issue and fix it. Thanks for your time.
  •  

CaptKaos2

Hopefully you've had the email for the link to Google Drive.

CK
  •  

Menion

ah this one was quite hard. Thank you for a data. Issue found and hopefully finally fixed!

I really appreciate your help, because this problem was only in case of geocaching waypoints, but should appear everytime. Hope it's end of these troubles :).
  •  

CaptKaos2

Great, I'm glad it's fixed. As usual great and fast support from Menion. Wish all app developers where as good
  •  

Remon

Bit of an older topic, but I am having the same problem.
I imported a .kml file (google maps) with 66 points. They appear on screen fine, but as soon as I zoom in above level 10 (so level 11 and up) they seem to disappear. I have never had this problem before with previous .kml files after importing.
Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
Locus v 3.5.3

Any advice?
Update:
I've converted the file to a .gpx using http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/convert_input?convert_output=gpx, then imported that generated file in Locus. Works fine like that. The problem is in the .kmz filetype then?
  •  

Menion

Good day Remon,

welcome to Locus world ;).

First main rule if you have any problems, is to give us as best as possible description together with all possible files we may need to simulate your issue. Otherwise there is nothing I can do.
  •  

Remon

Hi Menion,

Thanks for the welcome. Sorry if I missed any rules-related topic! Am new to the forum but have been using Locus for a while now; great app so far. I'm away for the upcoming week but will try to get the required files when I return.
  •  

Menion

•