Maps visibility

Started by 1bertoc, October 04, 2014, 08:44:02

1bertoc

Hi! I use Locus Pro for a long time and it's one of my favorite apps. With the previous versions I was able to use Orux maps (oruxmaps sqlite format made with MOBAC) without problems but with the latest version of Locus Pro all those maps doesn't show up in Locus anymore. I tried to clean Locus cache uninstall/reinstall Locus but without success.
Can anyone help please.

Thanks
  •  

Bucky Kid

Orux format maps are visible for me. Do you have placed them inside /Locus/maps/ or external folder? Check first if the path is included in external map folders.
Can you upload one smaller map that doesn't show to you?

jusc

I saw this problem too, because Locus suddenly didn´t find my maps folder.
Please try to add your maps folder one more.
(Click on the pictures for better view)

Regards J.
  •  

1bertoc

Unfortunatly I've tried all the suggested solutions more than once but without success. I don't know if this important but I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE (N7105) with a (almost) stock Samsung rooted 4.4.2 rom (can freely access and write to external sdcard).
For now I reverted to a previous version of Locus with Titanium and all works as it should.
If someone is interested I share here one of the maps (small zone of Portugal):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nyw6zpw9122tw0n/AADRi8B5dLrIrSJVka5qvmlca?dl=0

During the experiences I got this error:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nc4n5jg401p3k1a/Pic.png?dl=0

Thanks
  •  

jusc

Thats strange. I don´t have 4.4.2 on my Note 2 (7100).
I downloaded and copied both files two mnt/extSdCard/Locus/maps. At first I couldn´t find the map (after restarting Locus!!). But after looking at the bottom of my listed own maps I see a second folder mnt/extSdCard/Locus and there I found your map and I can open it.

Regards J.
  •  

Bucky Kid

The sample map is recognized without any problem if saved to outside folder. Try to change the location and add it to imported folders.

•  

1bertoc

Ok! After completely erase all Locus data/folder/cache and made a clean install I came to the following conclusion, if I have a folder with more than two maps each in his respective folder Locus only sees the first two folders/maps.

Ex: mnt/extSdCard/Maps/Raster and in the folder Raster I put for example 15 maps. Locus is only able to see the first two maps (named by number, the others are ignored).

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks

•  

Menion

@1bertoc: thank you for your report and sorry for a troubles. It`s exactly as you wrote. Current Locus see only first two maps. Issue will be fixed in new version at start of next week.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

1berto

Thanks for your answer. For now I revert to a previous version with Titanium so no problem here.

Thanks
  •