[APP] - version 3.3.X+ (updated 4.10.2014)

Started by Menion, October 03, 2014, 12:49:31

Henk van der Spek

Quote: What should be for you these five features from points and five features for tracks.

If you promise not to do away with the present point/trackpoint info that appears when I hover (with the red cross) over the point/trackpoint, I prefer my most used ones for both:
1. Guiding on
2. Guiding on reverse
3. Navigate to
4. Fill height
5. For tracks only: track info
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Menion

Thanks Hank. It will be little bit worst, but don't worry :).

So if anyone wants to spend a while with this ALPHA test ... here is version https://www.dropbox.com/s/yli5gs8lb5vlbi8/LocusFree_328_3.3.1.1_beta.apk?dl=0
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

szebenyib

Ooo is it possible to make this not compulsory, I like that this inner pop-up was removed some time ago. Or how about making it active for long press?
  •  

balloni55

ALPHA test
#52 solved thanks :)
Quoteyou firstly get small popup dialog
a activated track lable is permanent displayed, so if multible tracks are visible the screen is covered.
And your "small popups are a nogo for me, sorry
ok for this it is a ALPHAtest ;)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@szebenyib: hmm and what would you like to see when you tap on point/track? Directly big screen with details?

@balloni: "And your "small popups are a nogo for me, sorry" - hmm what it means?

And also - screen is covered? This new popup is visible only one on screen for last tapped (selected) item, so there should be no cover
  •  

balloni55

QuoteAnd your "small popups are a nogo for me, sorry" - hmm what it means
i prefere smaller popups with less info

QuoteAnd also - screen is covered?
for example this,

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

if i click on "track name lable" nothing happens, i have to click on a " point lable" of a track to open details.
and after i select "hide" locus freece
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

szebenyib

Is it for track editing only, or a general setting?
In general I like the big screen as it provides me with the required information immediately for geocaching.
  •  

gynta

• fix:incorrect width of track (in style) after record
width in track profile setting (default): "4.5"
and in track: "4"

suggestion
ignore decimal in profiles

Christian

Quote from: menion on October 14, 2014, 12:33:22
Hi guys,

after previous "faster fingers on keyboard then head" question about Online altitude (which btw. leads to quite interesting and not yet solved topic from ta-ka), I have another question. For now very important.

Imagine, you tap on point or track and instead of full screen with tapped item, you firstly get small popup dialog. On this dialog may be few quick buttons for most used features. What should be for you these five features from points and five features for tracks.

Check screenshot to better understand what I mean. I talk about content of "menu" button.

So what you think? Instead of huge screens with points and track, just these simple windows with few quick actions and ability to tap on view itself, to display big points screen or big track screen. Hmm?

Ohhh, 3 threads for one discussion ;)
prozim no popups please bitte prego!

my expectations of the behavior when tapping on track
1. highlighting and display the direction of the track (using arrows as line and height as color)
2. display trackinfo special values: way to go / went; heightmeters to go / went
3. show option to display more details _or_ edit track
4. show more details including statistics, description
5. edit track

Don't know what was wrong with the old "many button" system? Not sexy enough?
Regards,
Christian
  •  

gynta

• fix:removing a track after ending navigation, from 'close' dialog
fc
see catlog in our dropbox.

edit
with all devices and machines.

aberfoyle

Hi, sorry for the length.  Should this be on the help forum broken into many "ideas".

I had some thoughts on the interface/usability of the tracks screens.

1) The order of screens is not consistent.

When I start Locus Pro, and there is a track on the screen, pressing it and going to the information screen makes sense.  But,

A) From the track list screen, pressing on a track takes me to its information screen.  The Android back arrow goes back to the list screen (which it should - Good!).
If I go from the information screen and then to the map (via the bottom left button), then press the track on the map screen, I go back to the information screen.  Okay, but I don't see how to go back to the list screen from the Info screen.  The android back arrow now takes me to the map screen (logical I guess, but I want to go back to the list screen where I started).  To get back to the list screen, it seems I need to 1) go back to the map screen and then 2) go to the data menu then 3) to the list of tracks folders, then 4) pick tracks list folder I was in.  Now I am back at the top of the list, but not at the track I started from.  I have to remember which track in the list I was looking at and then scroll to it.  I would like the track list screen to be an anchor from which to browse back and forth to the map/info screens directly.

B) Similarly, from the track list screen, pressing the left side little map area, takes me to the map screen.  Using the Android back arrow, I am asked if I really want to exit Locus (I don't).  Now, pressing the track on the map screen lets me choose the track (if more than one item under my finger) which now takes me to the information screen (it should go back to the track list) with the same behavior as described above under A).
Basically, I want to look at several tracks in turn from the list without having to start over again and again by finding where I was on the list.

2) I would like an option to have Locus render the small maps on the track list screen without leaving the track list screen.  Maybe, if one or more tracks are chosen (eyeball lighted), then there could be an option to render the small maps.  Alternately, pressing the small map area could cause it to render, with a long press to the same area going to the map screen.

3) A track name cannot be fully seen on the list screen if it is too long.  Only when the track is displayed on the map screen, is the name seen in full over two lines

4) From the track information screen, you can swipe to the right to go screen to screen until you hit the chart screen.  Then this behavior stops swiping the chart screen has no effect, and to continue right, you have to choose "Laps" from the top of the screen.  It would be consistent to be able to swipe the "chart" screen to get to laps screen.

5) The English wording on the laps screen if there is no data should read "Track cannot be separated into laps (it does not contain recorded values)"

6) In landscape on a phone (nexus 4), rather than on a 7" tablet, the "laps" screen has another new behavior - the first three left screens (info, statistics, chart) now are accessed by a drop down box.  Again, better to keep all screens looking the same (unless Android causes this to happen automatically based on screen size)

7) Each interval could be numbered so 8) below is possible

8) Each interval could be marked on the map with a dot which under the center cross would show its number.  Then I could analyze a part of the track from the map, instead of trying to find the lap I am interested in from the list of laps screen.

9) In an actual track (not sure if I recorded it in Locus or from other software) I see my max speed is 30.8.  But, I have two laps showing higher speeds of 37 and 34 mph.  I set the laps to be shortest length possible.

10) I use miles, not kilometers.  The lap length options from the dropdown are .5mi, 1mi, 2mi, 5mi, 10mi.  If I choose "Define", I am asked for a lap length in number of feet.  Now I have to convert what I want to do, (say make it .2mi) into how many feet that is (.2 times 5280ft).  Better to keep the define screen in miles so I can enter .2 mi directly.

11) If I have defined a lap length that is too small, then the 'error' dialog (showing me the smallest allowed length) should remain on the screen with an 'x' until I dismiss it.  I missed the message the first time I defined an interval too small.  Alternately, you could just set it to the smallest length allowed rather than what I asked for.  I believe this is Locus behavior in setting track/route widths elsewhere.

12) Track List screen: The eyeball icon replacing the check box is interesting, but I'm thinking it might be better to keep the normal convention of check box, rather than introduce a new paradigm (I was confused)
  •  

Christian

•  

Menion

@aberfoyle: uff, you probably not yet know, that I don't like too long posts :)

1) This one is really hard. Never heard something like this during years before. But firstly few days ago in one topic and now you here. To be true, I don't know. Since old history, Locus works this way - map is center point of everything and every action that leads to map, throw away everything that happen before. I can't imagine that "back" button take me to other place then to "Exit". If more people think, that Locus should keep a history of all visible screens and back button should go through all screens back, I can create some "poll" or create a new topic on help desk, to get more feedback. Anyway as I wrote, even in my big imagination, I can hardly imagine how this should work :).

2) http://help.locusmap.eu/responses/generate-thumbnails-of-the-selected-tracks

3) I do not consider this to be a problem. Make your names shorter and another important information place into description (that should be also visible in list. At least part of it)

4) yes, old good problem with chart. Swipe is disabled for a chart tab, because slide by finder is currently used for chart. I do not yet have idea for working solution, but I'm aware of this problem.

5) thanks a lot! Every serious English corrections are more then welcome

6) yes, Android cause this happen automatically in case there is not enough space. Not in my power to have influence on this. Maybe just by removing "Distance" label for a top button. Done.

7, 8) is this necessary? If you tap on any lap and display this lap on a map, you may simply see which lap is it. And also others - you simply see distance from - to, on a map. So I see no reason for a numbering here.

9) hmm interesting. May I ask for export GPX file of this track? I'll gladly check it.

10) hmm understand. Small problem is, that Locus works on background with feets/metres. And everything is for readability formatted to higher units. Similar issue should have other people, that run everyday circle 3000 ft and now they need to insert value in miles. I think, this require some more universal solution.

11) I personally do not like simple information that require any additional work to, for example, cancel it. Anyway agree that defined 2 second were too short. Extended to 3.5 s.

12) you are first who has negative feedback on this new system. Absolutely cannot agree, sorry. Checkboxes used before - that was confusing system. Checkboxes were used for two functions at once (display on map & selecting). Now both functions are separated. "Eye" serve only purpose - display/hide on a map. And because of a lot positive feedbacks we received, I'm more then convinced, that this was very good choice.

Hope I gave you at least some answers and thanks for precious feedback. Just next time please, separate it to more topics :). Then also more people should discuss about certain problem/feature. Here it's not possible. Thanks.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on October 17, 2014, 18:00:44
@aberfoyle: uff, you probably not yet know, that I don't like too long posts :)
Just next time please, separate it to more topics :)
+++  8)