[APP] - version 3.3.X+ (updated 4.10.2014)

Started by Menion, October 03, 2014, 12:49:31

gynta

I was not sure. First answer sounds like: "a pity - this is how it works"  ::)

about
Settings for Autozoom (http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=4195.msg32291#msg32291)
So you have to change the description :)
QuoteAllow to change zoom dynamically, based on values below and current speed
to
"Allow to change zoom dynamically, based on current speed"

Menion

yes I know. Peter told me this a while before release and I was lazy to change it and spend another hour by preparing new version. Seems this few words made quite a confusion between many users :). Unfortunately I`ll be during a weekend mainly out of work, but immediately at Monday I`ll start work on fixes.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

john_percy

I believe the poi feature only works when there is a beta version and so disappears on each new release of the free version until menion issues a beta.
Quote from: silber1 on October 03, 2014, 22:39:49
Why is poi feature in the free version beiing dropped off again?
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

john_percy

I don't know if this is new in this release but I think it is. In my Motorola Moto G (KitKat), if I turn on the system settings accessibility feature for gesture zoom (double tap to zoom etc) as well as the Locus feature of hiding the top, bottom or side panels is turned on, the panels won't return on double tap, neither does the system zoom happen.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

szebenyib

Quote from: menion on October 03, 2014, 17:37:17
@szebenyib: if you do just basic update from previous 3.2.3 version, then it's quite weird.

It was an update from 3.2.3. I had a phone reinstall, and restored 3.2.3 via titanium backup, I don't know if that matters. Maybe I have not opened it before upgrading as I mainly used free for testing. Never mind it is not a big deal :-) If it happens again, I will write it here.
  •  

silber1

In the former free version I could call the poi database from Germany or Turkey and see what postoffice is in the neighborhood.
Now I can not find this feature in 3.3.0. ?
  •  

gynta

@silber1

please read (!)
http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3267.0

john_percy is right!

Christian

I'm surprised about the new features in the new version. Thanx menion for new screens and especially for implementing my personal desire of displaying stratistics. Thats a milestone in using Locus and a big step ahead!
  •  

Menion

@Christian: thanks, nice to hear it.

problems with accessibility ... hmm very interesting. It seems to be this problem https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=66618 and unfortunately I see no reason why it don`t work. Because seems that Google Maps has no such problem ...
  •  

merilius

Hi Menion. I have two things to mention;
1) I have one locus directory on internal "sd card" and one on external sd card. Locus used to start pretty quickly recently, after your fix and speedup of directory recognition :-) But now it is slow again.

2) Track export to Gpsies does not work: after I click "export" a progress window saying "working..." appears, disappears in 1-2s and there is no new track on gpsies website. Not sure if it is due to locus or gpsies update. But it used to work before.

Cheers
  •  

Christian

•  

Menion

@merilius: hard to say why start of Locus may be slower now. Anyway suggest to check amount of loaded points, tracks etc. Also Locus should display what is loaded at start.

About GPSies: interesting. I've just tried it and it works for me without any problem. Login in correct? Track has any valid data (few points at least)? etc..

@Christian: write me more, I don't know what exactly you mean. If you use compute of directions, you needs to have enabled "Compute instructions" on same page
  •  

Christian

I want to navigate along a track . Navigation is started but no signs are generated. Checked manual - may be I forgot something - but no hint. Which page did you mention?
  •  

merilius

gpsies: my login data is correct and locus verifies it is correct (so it is connecting to gpsies). The track is a long one 10h of cycling. I checked with a much smaller track and also no upload.

startup: I meant the time between launching locus and when the question about Locus directory appears. So it is before loading any data points.
  •  

CaptKaos2

Just came back off my Holiday to find a new version of Locus. Menion you've been busy.
Really like what you have done to the UI in the Maps, points and track screen. All the info I need is there, especially on the Points screen.  There is one thing thing that puzzles me. When I tap the tools button in the Points Screen, I get access to all that functions I require to carry out on my selections, Move, Copy, Export, Update etc..  But on the top there is a Tick button for selection (not the eye from previous screen) and a button for sorting.
Maybe I've been laying to long in the sun, but personally I can't see a use for them. Maybe I'm wrong, and others have a use for them. 

CK
  •