geocache listing text missing

Started by c.s.g., September 19, 2014, 22:57:26

c.s.g.

I have a little problem with the geocache in the attached gpx file.

If I import the geocache via the gpx file, the tab "Listing" of that cache is empty respectively shows only empty lines.
Is this a problem of Locus Pro? Or is it a problem caused by the gpx file?

c.s.g.
  •  

Menion

hmm seems there is something wrong in this listing. But I'm unable to find out real reason why this happen. I'll have to discuss it with Peter at Monday. So I'll inform you about progress. Thanks for sharing, it's anyway issue in Locus.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

voldapet

From my opinion are wrong the CSS styles of listing. Whole listing is placed into <DIV> container which has defined CSS style: overflow-y:hidden. According to http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_overflow-y.asp "The content is clipped - and no scrolling mechanism is provided" So I'm not sure if it is caused by Locus.
Anywya I've attached the fixed GPX file. Please import and try it again.
  •  

c.s.g.

@voldapet: With your edited gpx file everything works as expected.

I have discovered that the only difference of the two gpx files is, that you have deleted " overflow-x:auto; overflow-y:hidden;" in the "long description" of your gpx file.

Because I have a little influence on how the "long_description" is stored to the generated gpx file is it "simply" possible to replace any occurrence of "overflow-x:auto;" respectively "overflow-y:hidden;" in the "long_decription" by empty strings ( "" )?
Or replace "overflow-y:hidden;" in ""overflow-y:auto";"?
Or replace "overflow-x:*;" in "" and "overflow-y:*;" in ""? ("*" = any arbitrary text)

Or may this cause any other side-effects?

c.s.g.
  •  

voldapet

@c.s.g
Yes, I've removed them because in this case were (from my opinion) useless. We are able to simply remove/edit this attributes for every listing but as you wrote it could probably caused some troubles in different situation. So if you find out some troubles with listing you can edit GPX file manually and set  overflow-x:auto

Anyway  I've already contacted the author of this geocache and ask him for editing of the listing.
  •  

c.s.g.

@voldapet:

Thanks for the information.
On the other hand it is a really rare problem.
I have about 9000 geocaches active and this is the only one so far which causes the troubles.
But if the owner of the cache correct the listing everything is ok anyway.

c.s.g.
  •  

voldapet

@c.s.g.
OKi, We've also suggested that this is special situation and for this reason we didn't want to automatically edit the styles
thanks
  •  

c.s.g.

@voldapet:
May I bother you with another geocache long description witch is not correct displayed within Locus Pro 3.3.1?
But I promise, it is the lst time i will bother you  ;).

Some text of the long description of the atached earth cache is displayed over the already display text of the listing!?!?

So ....
(1.) .... again a bad coded html text?
or
(2.) .... a problem within Locus Pro 3.3.1?

c.s.g.
  •  

voldapet

OK no problem.
Fixed GPX is in attachment. Again wrong styles in HTML description that does not make sense...
  •  

c.s.g.

•