2 sound settings have been removed?

Started by UKlocusfan, September 15, 2014, 12:28:38

UKlocusfan

Hi

Great updates to Locus Pro recently, but I cant find 2 settings that I used to like.

1.There used to be a setting to apply a certain sound to when GPS fix was lost and one to apply when GPS fix was found again.  Now there are just 2 'on off' toggles and no option to set the sound.  How come please?

2.Where has the notify on distance sound option gone as I cant find anything at all like it.  I used to be able to set a custom sound so that when I was 250m away from a geocache that I was being guided to, I could put Locus in my pocket and just wait for the sound to announce I was 250m close... but that whole option seems to have gone now?
This is what I am talking about.... its all gone from the latest version?
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:screens:notification_view

Thanks for any advice.
  •  

Menion

seems you did not used this settings for quite a lot of time. This was changed maybe an half of year ago, maybe more :).

1. Anyway settings is still there and you're not the first with these troubles. Just don't tap on on/off switch but on item itself, on it's name,

2. it should be still there in "Guiding" section - same problem as in point 1.? ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

UKlocusfan

Hi Menion.
You are right, I havent updated Locus for about 6 months as I was using an HTC Wildfire S that was struggling with memory and so I left everything stable for Locus.  But I have now bought an awesome Moto G 4G and have alot more powerful phone and so am constantly updated Locus to the newest and best version.

Thanks so much for pointing out that I need to press the actually text area and not just the tick box.  I am so very happy the setting are still there although I must say as someone who is savvy and intelligent with menus etc etc, it didnt even dawn on me to press the actual text when there is a tickbox there.  Maybe in brackets something like (press for settings) would have given me a clue.

Cheers Menion... great work!  :-)
  •  

Menion

When I was creating this, I was sure that this will be clear for everyone. Mainly because same system is by default in Android for Wi-fi, Bluetooth settings!! Anyway I already know, this it's not clear :) and then it's really needed to improve it a little bit ... thanks and enjoy old good settings ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Yeah, Menion , you helped me out in this one also, some time ago.
In Android Settings every (text) line is clickable and even then I had problems in the beginning.
On the Locus Guiding menu all the sliders and the tick box do not steer you to clicking on the text. Maybe if the clickable text was blue (color) like on a good webpage (or Locus forum) and the non clickable was black. (My choices are blue now so they have to switch color to red or anything).
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •