TAR offline maps reinitialization, How to?

Started by radioing, August 13, 2014, 03:13:30

radioing

Is there any way to reinitialize TAR (or SQ Lite) user offline maps (or delete initialization information)? One of my TAR file in atlas probably crashed (or init data crashed?) which resulted in tiles interleaving. So I shut down Locus, uploaded (rewrote) correct TAR file to atlas (card/locus/map/my_atlas/), and restarted Locus but it probably reused old initialization information because only quick init (1-2 seconds) occurred and tiles interleaving effect remains. Only change of the atlas name (e.g. renaming my_atlas -> my_atlas_) helped and full initialization passed (2 mins apx.). When I now upload atlas to newly created original my_atlas folder, only quick init performs again and tiles interleaving remains – it seems the old initialization data linked to my_atlas folder survives. Even delete map command from map submenu doesn't help – it probably deletes only map files. Thanks.
  •  

Menion

Hello,

I'm surprised that Locus do not correctly reinitialize TAR maps when they change. If there is any change in size of files, initialization should be performed automatically.

Anyway to clear cache of initialized maps, simply use menu > settings > misc > clear temporary data > temporary files . This should help.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

radioing

Thanks, problem solved, deleting temporary files worked for me (Locus Pro 3.1.3). One small drawback is that this operation clears data for all maps so all maps are reinitialized after restart. This is time consuming but yes - it was exceptional situation so its OK.

Note:
The corrupted and new TAR files in atlas had the same length and create date so the Locus probably didn't detect file rewrite.
But what is surprising is that Locus generated tiles interleaving after whole atlas (folder in /map/ with TAR files) was deleted and uploaded (with correct TAR file). Of course I started Locus between deleting and uploading to release atlas from _store_map_files.lb in Locus/cache/map/init but I didn't check it. Now I am not able to recreate this behaviour.

•  

Menion

I'm glad it helps.

And yes, you're right, that issue in Locus is that it leaves init files in cache directory. So if your map had same size, then Locus saw no reason to re-initialize it.

EDIT: improved, next time, when you delete map from Locus, it will also delete it's cache config file.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •