multi-part GEMF files don't get recognized by Locus Pro

Started by Trullo Fetzer, July 27, 2014, 14:17:39

Trullo Fetzer

I'm on Android 4.4.4 (XT912). Never had any problems in the past, but just recently (I'm on Locus Pro version 3.1.3) my multi-part GEMF files, don't get loaded (they are shown in the selection dialogue) by Locus. Single part files below 2GB and 4GB are displayed without problems. I can't tell in which version the troubles started, but it would be great, if you could look into this. thanks in advance.
  •  

Menion

Hello,
unfortunately I don't have any multi-part GEMF file for test. Do you know any public map for download for free to test?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Bucky Kid

Quote from: Trullo Fetzer on July 27, 2014, 14:17:39
I'm on Android 4.4.4 (XT912). Never had any problems in the past, but just recently (I'm on Locus Pro version 3.1.3) my multi-part GEMF files, don't get loaded (they are shown in the selection dialogue) by Locus.

It must be something with your phone, I'm on Kitkat too and large split map in this format is detected and can load without problem. Did you check the files for integrity errors? If you can get the map source in original format try to recreate the gemfs.
  •  

Trullo Fetzer

I already tried different methods (mobac, python script and gemftool). Maybe some png files are corrupt, could that be the reason (hard to check with more than 1.000.000 tiles)? Thanks for your support. 
  •  

Menion

as I wrote - if you may share with me some map file for test, I can check it on my device and fix if there is any problem.
  •  

Trullo Fetzer

Thanks. In 2 or 3 weeks I'll have the opportunity to upload  the map files for you to check (I'm on vacation now without wifi).
In the meantime I created an mbtiles atlas in mobac of the same tileset and it worked in Locus (unfortunately only in a virtual machine, because my SD is formatted in FAT and the file is bigger than 8GB). I'll send a PM with the links as soon as I have something uploaded.
  •  

Menion

•  

Trullo Fetzer

Hello. I tried and made gemf-files from single counties with mobac (polygonal selection, size varied from ca. 1-4 GB). Some worked and others didn't (by working I mean in Locus). Then I created sqlitedb-files of the same counties and all of them worked in Locus. But now comes the interesting part, gemftool was not able to convert some of them (the same which didn't work before) and it also didn't work with the sq2gemf python script. So my suspicion is, that gemf has some general problems with certain map geometries (unfortunately gemfread didn't throw any errors). So it's not a problem with Locus, but with the format. Thank you anyway for your support.
  •