Satellite Images

Started by balloni55, July 27, 2014, 14:02:30

balloni55

today i used first time
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.jerabekjakub.locusaddon.offlinegooglemaps&hl=de
Problem: if i use "Download satellite maps" i get this satimages in image tab of this cache, but the images of the cache are not displayed anymore,  althaugh they are in Locus/data/geocaching/.... available :-[
If i click "update cache" the cache images are visible and the satimages are gone?????
How is it possible to see both images in imagetab?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

hmm this small unknown add-on brings some troubles to existing system ... I'll try to merge both image sources into one tab ...

EDIT: damn, quite complicated task, because it's not possible to merge images to single tab. So two tabs? Not an elegant solution ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion,
thanks for your effort, in th meantine i had contact to Jacub the developer of this app, but he canĀ“t do anything he sayed.

I have played once again , and found  different behavior in two of my own caches, if:

1. a image is only as link (e.g. spoiler) in listing, in this case the image and the satimages are displayed in imagetab, see
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbhhbv6hi58j3w0/GC1ND4B.mp4

2. a image is inside the listing, so first the image is in listing and additional in imagetab, after "download sat maps" in imagetabs are only the satimages, see
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1vknzn3tyz9dyru/GC20YGM.mp4

If i download first time sat maps for a cache, i have to close the listing and reopen it to see the satimages.
and if i "update a cache" the satimages are gone.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

I currently have no better solution that creating two image tabs in geocaching screen in these cases. So in next version ...
  •  

balloni55

QuoteSo in next version ...
V3.1.3.9
Thanks, second tab work. :)
After "update cache" the satimages and second tab is gone :(
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion,
sorry for asking again,
in german thread we discuss and found out that this "second tab" is also created if user use "GC-Offlinizer"
The second tab apeares if a html-file is in imagefolder, so my foolish idea:
If html exist > hide first image tab
Can you please take a look on it a second time?  ;)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

It's a lot more complicated that it looks.

Every cache may have attached URL to images directly in database. But there also exists possibility to have HTML file on card. And there is no way how to simply check if both tabs may contain same information.

So I currently have to display both tabs, but I absolutely agree that it's a mess (mainly due to this small add-on).
  •