Offline navigation - GraphHopper - preparation

Started by Menion, July 16, 2014, 20:43:19

tommi

@Menion: my point is that I just want to have all bulk data for Locus on ext SD. This includes vector maps, Pois, srtm data and last but not least routing data.

You wrote, user should put the *.gh next to vector maps. This is just what I did.
The logic in Locus is there to find vector maps in extra folder. It just does not seem to work for  *.gh.
  •  

john_percy

It works for me. Did you run the Locus GraphHopper add-on after downloading it and select the data directory?
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

balloni55

QuoteI deleted  the app data of GraphHopper addon. Next time I started the addon again it showed me the hint to put the data to internal storage as before
are you sure you have set directory "maps vector to extern SD" before you reseted GH? Have you tryed to delete GH and reinstall it?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Quote from: john_percy on June 25, 2015, 08:25:34
See the link "how to generate routing data" in your first post; then point 4: put berlin.map in the same folder as your routing data.
Hmm link leads to official graphHopper docs and they are quite confusing when used on Locus. So I've rather copy&paste only first two lines, thanks

@tommi: oki, understand. So this do not work in this way. Same with POI's (probably). So please, keep in mind, that routing data have to be in default directory defined for vector maps. So by default in Locus/mapsVector
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

john_percy

I have maps in sdcard1/Locusmaps/ and use a routing data folder in the same location. The vector maps directory is defined by me in Locus settings.
This is on a MotoG upgraded to Lollipop.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

•  

pelsta

I've installed version 0.1.6  GraphHopper.
After leaving the roundabout, after some time, Locus generates a voice message "roundabout_exit" twice.
  •  

Menion

hmm never tried, but i do not expect it. Thanks, I'll try it ...
  •  

tommi

In 0.1.6 I still see lots of crashes of the addon. I would say roughly every third call to the addon by Locus ends with "problem with service". I can provide log if needed.
  •  

Menion

It will be useful. During last around 14 days, I ride with this add-on around 600 km and no single crash. Weird ...

EDIT:
Confirmed, GH require write access permission!

When I moved GH to SD card, then after start, GH produce this error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: To avoid reading partial data we need to obtain the read lock but it failed. In /storage/sdcard1/maps/mapsVector/europe/czech-republic-latest.osm-gh

Hmm ... btw. did you tried latest version 0.1.7? (I've fixed it thanks to one optional parameter GraphHopper offer).
  •  

tommi

Quote from: tommi on July 03, 2015, 17:12:47
In 0.1.6 I still see lots of crashes of the addon. I would say roughly every third call to the addon by Locus ends with "problem with service". I can provide log if needed.
Sent mail, service request #7335
  •  

tommi

Quote from: tommi on July 03, 2015, 18:21:43
Quote from: tommi on July 03, 2015, 17:12:47
Sent mail, service request #7335
Tried the up to 5minutes ago unknown 0.1.7: Same result, the crash with "problem with service" occurs again. I guess no new log needed for the moment.
  •  

Menion

Thanks tommi for a log,

07-03 17:43:26.922 29320 29330 E libc++abi: terminating with uncaught exception of type std::bad_alloc: std::bad_alloc
07-03 17:43:26.922 29320 29330 F libc    : Fatal signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -6 in tid 29330 (Binder_2)

Error seems to be something in C++ code, which is out of Locus or add-on. Hard to say, maybe too huge file?

And second error, as you wrote:

07-03 17:46:24.162 30592 30606 E ComputeTrackService: Caused by: java.io.IOException: mmap failed: ENOMEM (Out of memory)

Heh, "OutOfMemory" - no comment.

Tommi, please try just one area in Germany, not a whole file.

Fortunately I hope I finally convinced Peter to generate Germany separated in half to two files, so also GH data will be just for a half of Germany next time.

Seems that you have these issues really only because of huge size of GH file for Germany.
  •  

tommi

Using Bavaria instead of Germany solved the problem. Thanks!
  •  

Menion

Perfect, glad to hear.

After my personal tests, seems that current GraphHopper version together with new "via points" brings really fully functional (and fast!) offline navigation also usable with "recalculate" feature. Perfect! Hope you will have also positive feelings from this :) and wish you a nice, too hot, weekend!
  •