[APP] - version 3.1/2.X+ (updated 4.7.2014)

Started by Menion, July 03, 2014, 13:57:54

Menion

@balloni: issue with times is interesting. Times are formatted by some system function that is based on your current device language. Locus personally do not have direct influence on this format. And centering of track - congratulation you found such hidden issue and thanks for perfect step-by-step instructions - fixed

@0709: hehe, I think I read this few days ago in one of your loooong post and because I just tested generated navigation and waypoints had no names, I set them to generated orders.

About source for it's name - currently name is defined by translated text in application, but I see no problem to switch primary source to TTS files. So if you use own *.tts file, it will be used (as well as for speach) also for naming of waypoint

@szebenyib: I thought it :). Fine, I'll improve it also, thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

I just found the new beta 3.2.3.7 and I'm happy about the transparency setting in the color picker for tracks
But how can I store the setting? It seems Locus doesn't remember it.
I tried with both settings for individual track and folder style.
  •  

balloni55

open track details
click style on map
use style of folder >off
if i click the base color field locus stops
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

Quote from: balloni55 on September 24, 2014, 21:15:49
if i click the base color field locus stops
confirmed (SGS2 4.0.4 root stock)

edit
works with VM with OS4.1.1.

balloni55

in track preview map preview is only displayed with few tracks, this behavior was also by further versions

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@tommi: set transparency and then, tap on color ;)

@balloni, @gynta: I'm unable to simulate this crash, weird. May anyone from you create me a log? Thanks

@gynta: I know I didn't fix issue you wrote on dropbox. I wanted to release a new version today, but not had enough time on dropbox. Sorry, tomorrow.

@balloni: previews are generated from vector maps, so if you have track on place where do not exists vector map, this may be the reason. Or Locus is not able to find correct vector map (second possibility)

EDIT: Ah problem with crash - no log needed. I probably found it.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: menion on September 24, 2014, 22:30:42
@tommi: set transparency and then, tap on color ;)
Yes,  that works.
But I think the whole dialogue is a bit strange.
Nothing here gives you a hint that you have to use the elements in this order.

And even more, if you want to pick a color from the extended tab e.g. white. How can you select transparency in this case?
  •  

Menion

hmm I don't a problems, because I use it so such feedback is welcome. Anyway on both tabs, to choose a color, you just need to tap on it. So in first tap you need to tap on circle button with color, on second tab on bottom right color rectangle where is visible final color (and also hint above).
  •  

tommi

Quote from: menion on September 25, 2014, 07:52:03
hmm I don't a problems, because I use it so such feedback is welcome. Anyway on both tabs, to choose a color, you just need to tap on it. So in first tap you need to tap on circle button with color, on second tab on bottom right color rectangle where is visible final color (and also hint above).
OK, I give it a try :
First tab: set opacity to 40%
Second tab: pick white color by moving the dot to the upper left corner and then tap on the right bar showing the new color white.

Let's check: tap again on the first tab where I see opacity 100% again
Damn, the rest of my comment was lost.: transparency setting is only accepted in case you select a basic color immediately adterwards

edit
Another topic regarding line style: the outline makes in my opinion much more sense if it behaves as an outline of a basic line even if the actual line is a dotted line
  •  

Menion

Quote from: tommi on September 25, 2014, 08:13:57
Quote from: menion on September 25, 2014, 07:52:03
OK, I give it a try :
First tab: set opacity to 40%
Second tab: pick white color by moving the dot to the upper left corner and then tap on the right bar showing the new color white.

Let's check: tap again on the first tab where I see opacity 100% again
Damn, the rest of my comment was lost.: transparency setting is only accepted in case you select a basic color immediately adterwards

both tabs are independent and both tabs has own transparency. If you set transparency in first 'basic' tab, it has no effect on second 'advanced' tab. Opposite same

About outlne - sorry, don't understand. It's just on you if you define line as basic full line or dotted or not? Maybe some screenshot what you wants to say? Thanks
  •  

tommi

Ok, got it now regarding individual transparency settings. Not nice to use completely different GUI elements for the same purpose. But I guess the reason is that the extended color dialogue comes from a library and the one from the basic color tab is a home made one.

edit
Regarding the outline for dotted line: imagine to use a highlighter on a paper map. Should be clear now
  •  

Menion

Quote from: tommi on September 25, 2014, 08:42:21
Ok, got it now regarding individual transparency settings. Not nice to use completely different GUI elements for the same purpose. But I guess the reason is that the extended color dialogue comes from a library and the one from the basic color tab is a home made one.

exactly. Anyway it's not excuse for my lazyness. I'll improve it ...

About highlight - understand. And to be true, I don't know if it will be better or not :)
  •  

balloni55

Quote@balloni: previews are generated from vector maps, so if you have track on place where do not exists vector map, this may be the reason. Or Locus is not able to find correct vector map (second possibility)
sorry, i don´t think so :D all my track are inside germany and i use Vectormap from locus store.

I played a little and suspect, depending of my former "map display problem":
at first opening of a track it was displayed without map in preview and this info is cached.

If i  open a "new" track with "? in preview" first time, locus display track and map preview well :)

How can i refrech this data?" Clear temp data" and new start of device doesn´t solve this.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

ah I though we talk about newly generated previews :). These images are stored directly in DB so clear temp directory or anything like this won't help. Simply tap on track, tap on it's style, tap ok, close screen by back. Or if you use style of folder, just change style of this folder to reset overviews of all tracks that has "Use style of folder" enabled.
  •  

balloni55

QuoteSimply tap on track, tap on it's style, tap ok, close screen by back. Or if you use style of folder, just change style of this folder to reset overviews of all tracks that has "Use style of folder" enabled
perfect thanks :) 8)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •