Smart zoom - Instant change

Started by Wojtas82, June 24, 2014, 10:08:11

Wojtas82

Hi,
Could you please change smart zoom settings so it works instantly when changing speed? Or maybe add a slider with delay. Thanks
  •  

jusc

does settings--> maps advanced --> auto zoom (scroll down) not work for you?
Regards J.
  •  

Wojtas82

Yes, I use this option. The problem is when I drive, let's say, 20 km/h and stop to 0 km/h I have to wait at least 5 second before zoom changes. It should happen immediately or should be adjustable.
Also, the stepping should be adjustable, for example, right now it's good for a car, but for bike I would like to use 5 km/h or 10km/h stepping. How do you think?
  •  

szebenyib

I guess that data is slow from the GPS thus the delay is not in Locus. Check roaming around and you will see that it takes time after you stop to show 0 kmh.
Maybe the stepping could help you if it were of finer grain.
  •  

Wojtas82

Actually it's not. I can see the speed displayed 0 kmh and the zoom is still in 15-30 kmh range. After few seconds I can see zoom change.
  •  

Menion

Hi,

this is correct. Locus do not react with auto-zoom on speed values immediately, but with a small delay. It's caused by function, that compute average value of speed during last few seconds. This is required to keep zoom value stable, when you move along some spped "border".
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Wojtas82

Quote from: menion on June 25, 2014, 14:56:55
Hi,

this is correct. Locus do not react with auto-zoom on speed values immediately, but with a small delay. It's caused by function, that compute average value of speed during last few seconds. This is required to keep zoom value stable, when you move along some spped "border".
I understand, but could you make it editable value in Locus? It's very annoying ... :)

edit
Could you please add an option "Zoom at manuver" ?
  •  

gynta

Quote from: Wojtas82 on June 30, 2014, 12:46:14
Could you please add an option "Zoom at manuver" ?
Hello Wojtas82
May you please add an idea @ http://help.locusmap.eu/response/add

Menion

I think that generally everything around "auto zoom" in Locus is bad :).

I think that this request http://help.locusmap.eu/responses/auto_zoom_based_on_distance_to_waypoint is quite close to what you need, so I suggest to vote for it (a lot better then create new similar)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •