Moving Locus root folder to external SD Card

Started by usver, June 16, 2014, 14:03:46

usver

Hallo,
I cannot place Locus root directory on external SD Card.
My device is LG L90 D410 with Android 4.4.2.
Path to internal memory - /storage/emulated/0/ (Locus detects internal memory).
Path to external SD Card - /storage/external_SD/ (Locus does not detect external SD Card).
My device is rooted and platform.xml is altered to allow write access to external SD Card.
Is it possible to add detection of my external SD Card path (/storage/external_SD/) into future versions of Locus?
  •  

silber1

This happens with all Smartphones with or with updated Android 4.4.2 !!
If this big problem, caused by Google Android 4.4.2  I fear Locus and some other great Apps are deeply beaten.
  •  

wvb

You can move the Vector maps manually to external sd card and then add this path to Locus.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

•  

Menion

generally what usver tries to do, should work! I'll check it at start of next week, cause I'm currently out of office

Send over Tapatalk

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

silber1

I can use the maps on external sd card. But  they are read only now. You can not change or delete them. If you make an update, you can not writeover.
The big advantage of complete Locusdirectory on external sd card is gone with this dammed Android 4.4.2 change.

Maybe the mentioned application with its own area on extsdcard could a way out. Even if all data wil be deleted if the application is deinstalled is better than the readonly solution. You could make backups before.
  •  

Menion

•  

usver

I have installed new version 3.1.0 and still unable to move root directory to the root of external SD Card.
Location /storage/external_SD is not in the list of available choices.

•  

Menion

It will be a long night. I already hoped, this issue will be fixed and seems not. You're not alone with this issue.

http://help.locusmap.eu/responses/310-root-folder-i-cannot-set-to-my-external-sd-card

Also thanks to some of my "fixes", it even not work for some other people. Nice :)
  •  

usver

New version 3.1.1 is really funny. It recognizes all links created by FolderMount as suitable locations for Root directory. The actual path to SD Card (/storage/external_SD/) is not in the list.

•  

Menion

hmm quite interesting that external_sd is still missing in this list.

May you post me content of /proc/mounts file and also /etc/vold.fstab file if exists? Thanks
  •  

usver

•  

Menion

thank you!

Files looks perfectly correct and there seems to be no reason, why Locus should not recognize external card.

May you please do for me one more test (if you are still interested in solving of this mystery).

I've created testing Free version that print out various log messages: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8015949/_temp/LocusFree_293_3.1.1.1_beta.apk

It's enough to install it, start and just end. In logs should be enough information to say me why external_sd is not in list of possible places.

How to create a log is here: http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:faq:how_to_create_debug_log

Thank you for your time!
  •  

kimy

my external card was working fine with locus pro on cyaongen 4.4.2 till a few days ago. the very latest bug fix didn't solve the problem.

from my end doesn't seem to be a KK issue since that rig's been going great. only a locus update totally destroyed my locus world.

failing any progress on this issue, any chance i can revert to the older working version?
  •  

Menion

Good day kimy,

are you using latest 3.1.3 version of Locus?
  •  

kimy

yes, 3.1.3. the issue started when i updated to the version previous to that.

you might also like to know that when i attempt to launch locus and get that error, after i close the program i then cannot see my external card in my file browser and all my music etc becomes inaccessible. i need to reboot phone to see my card again.

let me know if you need any screen shots, file contents etc.
  •