Transfer Locus Pro to device with no internet ?

Started by Testi, June 03, 2014, 12:11:50

Testi

Hello,

I am a happy Locus Pro owner, and I have recently been given a slightly broken device that has no internet access (but I can put stuff on it by putting in an SD card). Free apps I can just download the apk of and move it to the device, but obviously not paid apps. Since this device would be perfect for vacations (big display, good GPS, not a huge loss if broken/stolen since it's so damaged) I would like to put my Locus Pro on it somehow if that is possible.

Is there a way ? Like I said I legit own Locus Pro.
  •  

Menion

Hello Testi,

unfortunately it's not possible. There is really no access, like wi-fi etc? Maybe someone know any method over USB (I don't know if this is possible). There is just need to verify application licence just once at start. After this validation, internet is no more required.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Masterijn

Via bluethooth modem (to anothervsmartphone) ? Or is dat broken as well?
  •  

Testi

Nothing I could get to work so far. Will the validation need to happen on every start, or only the first start ? If it's just the once, maybe I could borrow some USB-Wifi-Stick or something of that sort to activate it.

ps.: I didn't even consider bluetooth, I'll have to look into that.
  •  

Masterijn

Once I put a laptop on the internet via bluetooth and a very simple phone. So it should be possible.
  •  

Masterijn

Did a check, after pairing with the simple phone android can use this connection to go on the internet.
  •  

Bucky Kid

You should be even able access internet via USB, if USB debugging is working on that phone.
  •  

Menion

So many possibilities :). Nice.

Check should be performed once per year .. hm maybe I disable this at all. Anyway generally expect that you need to verify it just once. Since you see green small dialog "License validated", all should be fine now.
  •  

szebenyib

Does it not protect against piracy a little bit?
Hmm I hope that this has some tolerance in time, in the woods without signal it would be bad for locus to not start :-(
  •  

Menion

There is. In worst case you ends with fully working Free version ;)
  •  

szebenyib

Super :-)))

•  

Christian

This thread should be pinned at top of the list. Nice :D
  •