[APP] - version 3.0.X+ (updated 29.6.2014)

Started by Menion, May 29, 2014, 13:28:57

Sersus

Quote from: menion on June 04, 2014, 19:54:36
How did you do, that you have three cursors on a screen? :)
It was a common thing in the previous version of Locus when I strongly deviated from the planned route   ::) Every time I was cutting out my route and restarting navigation again. In the last version the deviations are not the problem (yet). But the restarting of navigation and not working "Nearest point" IS the problem!
I am deleted exactly that route from the screen but here the recent planned route for voice guidance when I was needed to cutting out the passed part of the way twice. http://yadi.sk/d/js_AEws1SHrmz
  •  

szebenyib

Settings are not remembered on the import screen. Steps:
Go to points tab
Click on three dots of the folder then import
Select file
The checkboxes on the next screen are not remembered (e.g.: fill altitude, show or not, empty the folder)
  •  

Menion

@sersus: I have to play with it a little more outside. At home conditions, I'm unable to simulate your problem. It works for me always correctly.

@szebenyib: it's an intent.

"Fill altitude" - is little bit dangerous because it needs internet connection if you don't have HGT (elevation) files, or it may take some addtional time even if you have elevation files. And you don't need this everytime

"Empty folder" - is even more dangerous as you may loast some data
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

szebenyib

•  

Sersus

Quote from: menion on June 06, 2014, 19:54:30
@sersus: I have to play with it a little more outside. At home conditions, I'm unable to simulate your problem. It works for me always correctly.
By the way I was wrong. The problems with deviations from the route are still the same but they are now less (I have the same crazy screenshot). And they are will be particularly evident only in real conditions.
I think you can take a long (80km+) distance route with many guidances, and being closer to the last third of it select "middle" navigation. Than try to tap "Nearest point". Those conditions you can combine with location a little to the side from the route.
  •  

Menion

new test version - here? In first post. Bye ;)
  •  

KaHeMu

Ahh, good old apk-file!! Thanks for that! PQ-Import from Groundspeak works very well with the right icons for mysteries.
Which other changes/ fixes are in new test version?

Regards,
KaHeMu
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

Bucky Kid

I'm trying new alpha version but there seems be no changelog so I don't find what new features or bug fixes are present since stable version.
  •  

balloni55

@ menion, optical mix

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

changes: guys I don't know :). I won't be near my computer next days so you will have to wait on next test version. And balloni thanks. Interesting, I'll check it

Send over Tapatalk

•  

john_percy

Is the offline GeoNames search broken at present on the latest versions? It seems to have stopped working for me, where once it was fine.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

michaelbechtold

Hi Menion,
I followed a GPX track of about 80km. Worked so far. However, the estimated time oscillated between 500 and 600 hours. While avarage speed was about 60km/h
No good maths :-)

edit
Another thing: traveling without data connection, searching for cities, towns and villages is a complete mess.
In particular as you cannot rely on bigger places being shown in a map (mapsforge problem I read somewhere else).
I recall you wanted to work on the POI DB stuff this summer.
So I hope you will include all Cities, Towns and Villages into your POI DBs. Perfect would be to include Streets, to. But that may become too big of a data set then.
  •  

Menion

@john: geonames sorry - http://help.locusmap.eu/responses/offline-search-geonames-dont-works-after-update-to-locus-pro-version-3012-i-use-android-422-und-412 - in next version it will be OK

@michael: I know, times are really incorrect. I found it also last days. Will improve it and I also hope that searching will be really useful. My wish is not just a street, but also a house numbers :). We'll see anyway probably in Q4/2014
  •  

gynta

Dashboard track record chart:
Insert "labels & title" doesn't work as expected.
(or im wrong here?)

eldron

Just installed the latest test version to see what´s new. I can start the app and read the changes, but it crashes when downloading the new library. It loads for a little while, so i am guessing that it actually crashes when trying to install the library.
Maybe my old android version is - once again - the reason for this problem?
What´s the new library for?
Edit: Tried again after rebooting the phone - same problem.
Do you need a crash report?
  •