i can't get rid of tracks -- need help!

Started by mike savad, May 28, 2014, 14:53:54

CaptKaos2

mike
As a USER of locus I have never had any problems with locus deleting maps also the support is the same for both the free and pro versions.And support has been excellent.
But to your problem:- having read your posts (twice) and seen the use of terms like "Magic Bytes" and seen that the action of deleting Tracks has not been successful but has resulted in map file "disappearing" and the original tracks remaining.
Also the fact that your Locus folder is situated on ExtSdCard points to a major problem with your SD Card. As mentioned by a previous poster
If it was me, I would remove the card and put it in a card reader on my PC. Copy everything on the card to my PC, then run ChkDisk  on the card. This will give you an indication of the state of the SD card, and if possible rectify it. If everything is clear then you will know that your assumptions are right. If not then possibly a format of the SD card will solve it. If none of this works ask again.
But before you do, try a free app ES file explorer from Google Play it will allow you to see your internal memory and any duplicate folders.
  •  

berkley

Quote from: mike savad on May 28, 2014, 17:09:13
and are we saying that if i paid for the program you would be more open to helping?

swell.

---Mike Savad

No, not at all.
I just don't like anybody to expect 24/7 support for free in their native language.
In addition to that, I'm just a sharing my knowledge.

So I did offer you help when you asked for it. I know what your problem is and if you'd followed my advice, you were already up and running.

If you are interested, I can solve your problem. Get Google+ Hangouts on your desktop, so we can chat. And get TeamViewer Quicksupport on your device, so I can remote control it.
Send me a PM with your contact details, when you're ready.

But this only will work for a Locus PRO installation. And you need official Vector Maps supported by Locus Maps.
If you don't accept that offer... Well, the search function in the forum and Google are your friends.
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

gynta

I recommend to try a different(!) card.
do not check the old one - maybe later.
but for a quick view - try a different sd card.

berkley

Quote from: gynta on May 28, 2014, 20:27:17
I recommend to try a different(!) card.
do not check the old one - maybe later.
but for a quick view - try a different sd card.

The problem is, that he hasn't the time to order another SD card. He's going into vacation very soon.
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

gynta

...and he lives in a desert village in nowhere and have no friends? 8)
c'mon

btw.
after changing the sd, be sure locus is pointed to external sd.
(as described above or see clip)

berkley

External SD? Sure? Widget won't work!
Search before posting!!!
OnePlus X
  •  

mike savad

sorry for the intensity this morning,because well, i never saw this either. i finally narrowed it down, and you right it was the card, so if you want to add this to a faq...

it seems that when a exFAT card is corrupt, it will lock the card. and i mean lock it. i couldn't format this in the pc, i even did the long version. i don't know if it was corrupt from a while ago, or if it became more so, don't know.

in any case, what was happening was, any changes made were left in the memory so it looked like it was copying (this was up till last night when the final damaged occurred). and when i restarted the phone (not reset, two terms i guess), it cleared the memory but left the drive. everything on the drive is preserved on there. nothing seems to fix it. exfat format, ntfs format, in phone out of phone. i contacted sandisk to see if they have software.

i bought a new card and copied it all, and even the new maps seem to work, though its still showing me the old map - is there a way to clear any old map data out? have it rebuild the index?

oh and every time i pinch zoom, the screen starts to rotate again even when i have the rotate map off.

---Mike Savad
  •  

Christian

Funny stuff.
Sounds like a malware on phone controls even the content of the external card. This happend to me :(
Mike...i recommend to do what the guys told you... Don't panic!
  •  

Christian

Quote from: berkley on May 28, 2014, 17:02:38Gynta, mogst du di net mit am Freibiergsicht bschäftiga?
LOL
s'grfeit ehm sicha a net :P

edit by gynta
nau do kaunst da oba sicha sei...
  •  

gynta

Quote from: mike savad on May 28, 2014, 21:29:59
and you right it was the card
well done...

Quoteoh and every time i pinch zoom, the screen starts to rotate again even when i have the rotate map off.

Simple multi-touch – you can use either a simple multi-touch setting, i.e. two fingers on the map to control zoom, or you can set multi-touch to zoom and rotate the map at the same time.

http://support.locusmap.eu/hc/en-us/articles/200002881-Map-control-panels

but we are OFF topic here
if you have other problems please feel free to open a new topic

berkley

Search before posting!!!
OnePlus X
  •  

mike savad

normally i don't panic, and if i didn't have a thing coming up i would poke away until it's done. but i have to get other things ready, and all i wanted was the latest update and then like a house of cards it just fell at once. all the while i was fixing an air conditioner, and dropped a part to the bottom of it. bleah...

but it seems to be working now. still would like to get get that card to work, i can't imagine why there would be a mechanism that would prevent the card from being repaired. seems a bit silly to me. you'd think a format would work..

---Mike Savad
  •  

Christian

Don't try format SDcard on PC, rather in phone.
  •  

mike savad

i tried the phone first and it failed, so i went to the next level, the pc. and it didn't like that either.

---Mike Savad
  •  

gynta