Theme developing question

Started by jusc, May 11, 2014, 17:12:00

0n1y

•  

popej

I have updated my map of Poland:
http://www.gmaptool.eu/en/content/locus-poland-osm

Map include some new tags, as requested by Wojtas82.

Marked tralis are drawn without swapping direction on successive ways.

For bicycle routes with icn/ncn/rcn/icn network I have added new tags: "instance:icn", "instance:ncn", "instance:rcn", "instance:lcn". These tags indicate second and next trail drawn on a way. Values for tags can be: [2..9,x], where "x" means 10-th and next instances. These tags can be used to change graphics or text position for multiple trails.
popej
  •  

Wojtas82

Wow Popej, thanks very much, now I have plenty to do! :) Will post progress as soon as possible :)
  •  

JoxM

Hi again,
don't know if this question was asked before.
Is it possible to get a night (dark) colour for the menus?
Because if you're using the night colour for the map and you need to enter into a menu the white background is too light.
  •  

voldapet

@JoxM
It's little bit out of topic :) Anyway there is already similar feature request on http://help.locusmap.eu/responses/support_amoled  Unfortunately this ideas is declined at this moment because it's quite difficult to implement it. However you can vote for it :)
  •  

Wojtas82

@ Popej, I made some test and here's a problem I'm experiencing. Bike routes should be on "one side" not dependend on road direction but here's a result :

Here's the spot on OSM :
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/54.50005/18.47150&layers=C

As you can see blue line changes side of the road when switching from residential road to footpath. Maybe it should be like this? Thanks in advance for explanation :)

EDIT:
I also hoped we could have bicycle routes at only one side (on the right side of direction) and hiking/foot routes on the left side. Now they appear randomly on right or left. That would look nicer on the map, we could have bicycle routes at, let's say dy=-20 and hiking on the other side of the road at dy=20.
:)

•  

jusc

@Wojtas82,

as I understood you want to create a cycle theme at first.
Why do you want to implement cycle routes and hike routes together in one theme? And why not devide the themes?
If you are cycling you donĀ“t want to think about: "Is this a cycle or a hike route?" (At least for me  ;D )
Regards J.
  •  

Wojtas82

@jusc
You're right but combining both types of routes (bike and hike) is good for orientation. Here where I live, there are mostly hiking routes which are very often suitable for biking. I would like to achieve 3 themes: hiking, biking and hike and biking :)
So that's why :)
  •  

popej

Quote from: Wojtas82 on October 27, 2014, 09:07:04
@ Popej, I made some test and here's a problem I'm experiencing. Bike routes should be on "one side" not dependend on road direction but here's a result :
Nobody's perfect ;)
I don't make a full analysis of relation, I assume that relation is created correctly as an ordered list of ways. I follow this order and swap direction of ways as necessary. In your example relation has its ways out of order, which breaks analysis.

Quote from: Wojtas82 on October 27, 2014, 09:07:04I also hoped we could have bicycle routes at only one side (on the right side of direction) and hiking/foot routes on the left side. Now they appear randomly on right or left.
This requirement is in conflict with continuous lines. You can't have both at once.
popej
  •  

Wojtas82

I also noticed that instance tag works fine when you have 2 or more routes of the same kind (i.e. 3 lcn routes get 3 different numbers) the you can set different "dy" attribute for them and nicely display them like this:

but if you have 1 lcn and 1 ncn on same road they receive same numbers and path text overlaps.
@ Popej, maybe the solution is to put bike routes in one bag like this "instance:bicycle"? so all the routes on a part of the road become equivalent and receive different instance number? How do you think?

EDIT:
Here's a part of a code I ised for lcn's.
<rule e="way" k="route" v="bicycle">
<rule e="way" k="network" v="*">
<rule e="way" k="network" v="lcn">
<rule e="way" k="instance:lcn" v="~">
<pathText k="name"  font-style="bold" font-size="14"  dy="-20" scale-font-size="17,1.15" font-family="monospace"  fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="3.5" />
</rule>
<rule e="way" k="instance:lcn" v="2">
<pathText k="name"  font-style="bold" font-size="14"  dy="-40" scale-font-size="17,1.15" font-family="monospace"  fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="3.5" />
</rule>
<rule e="way" k="instance:lcn" v="3">
<pathText k="name"  font-style="bold" font-size="14"  dy="-60" scale-font-size="17,1.15" font-family="monospace"  fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="3.5" />
</rule>
<rule e="way" k="instance:lcn" v="4">
<pathText k="name"  font-style="bold" font-size="14"  dy="-80" scale-font-size="17,1.15" font-family="monospace"  fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="3.5" />
</rule>
<rule e="way" k="instance:lcn" v="5">
<pathText k="name"  font-style="bold" font-size="14"  dy="-100" scale-font-size="17,1.15" font-family="monospace"  fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="3.5" />
</rule>
</rule>
</rule>
</rule>

•  

popej

Quote from: Wojtas82 on October 27, 2014, 13:06:11@ Popej, maybe the solution is to put bike routes in one bag like this "instance:bicycle"?
No problem. Just test a bit current version and then precise your requirements, I'll adopt ;)
popej
  •  

Wojtas82

Already done :D
BTW This option is great! Thanks in advance! :)
  •  

Wojtas82

•  

popej

New version of my map: http://www.gmaptool.eu/en/content/locus-poland-osm

I have changed "instance" tags, now trails are grouped in 4 categories, for each category there is a "instance" tags. New tags are following:
"instance:cycle" for bicycle and mtb trails,
"instance:hiking" for hiking, foot, walking and nordic_walking trails,
"instance:winter" for ski, piste and sled trails,
"instance:other" for other trails like horse trails.

Values for "instance" keys remain the same - "2" to "9" and "x".
popej
  •  

Wojtas82

Thanks a lot Popej. I'm a little busy lately but will I will try to find some extra time. :)
  •