Bluetooth GPS

Started by CaptKaos2, May 06, 2014, 16:14:39

Menion

good to hear. Btw. if you have enabled this settings, when you turned screen on, Locus always correctly connect to Garmin GLO? Just to be sure, that this reconect also works correctly.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

soupchef

It does always try to connect as long as I have this enabled. However, most times when I first turn on Locus, is will say that it is connected, but when I touch the gps symbol, it shows no satellites. I usually have to disconnect and reconnect at least 3 times to make it work. Then once it is connected, it usually stays connected and works well.
  •  

CaptKaos2

@soupchef
You say this happens when you first start Locus are you also starting the GLO , Garmin say it takes 60 seconds to get a lock from a cold start, but it can take longer. Or if you have already started it, has it gone into standby.
Yesterday on a geocaching trip, I started Locus and the GLO as I parked up. It was nearly 2 minutes before Locus showed my correct position, I put that down  to the tree cover in the Parking Area, after that it ran for 6 hrs without a problem. 
  •  

soupchef

Quote from: CaptKaos2 on June 02, 2014, 15:42:19
@soupchef
You say this happens when you first start Locus are you also starting the GLO , Garmin say it takes 60 seconds to get a lock from a cold start, but it can take longer. Or if you have already started it, has it gone into standby.
Yesterday on a geocaching trip, I started Locus and the GLO as I parked up. It was nearly 2 minutes before Locus showed my correct position, I put that down  to the tree cover in the Parking Area, after that it ran for 6 hrs without a problem. 

Hmm, perhaps I need to be a bit more patient when I am starting up. I will try it today, and just wait to see if it connects properly. As for staying connected, I have had no issues since I corrected the settings, as mentioned earlier. Last weekend, I placed 105 new caches over 3 days for an upcoming event, and once I had the connection each time, it stayed connected.
Thanks.
  •