Test version from GooglePlay

Started by Menion, April 25, 2014, 15:30:04

Menion

Welcome to the topic related to the "Beta testing" of the Locus Map app.

How to participate in Beta testing.

Updated 2022/03/30
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

Google Play say: "No suitable device available"
I have to wait for auto update?

Menion

Probably yes. I'm also waiting what will happen. But if this work in similar way as in normal versions (probably yes), it should took around one hour, till you receive notification on update ...
  •  

szebenyib

Will this be the only way for testing? (just curious)
  •  

Menion

if this will work then yes. But if you look at it, in the end there will be no serious difference. Except that it will be a lot easier to install this versions. They will just install as common updates over Google Play.

But I still see no update, hmm. Home there will not be a huge delay. Then it lost a sense ... :)
  •  

berkley

Menion,
Please check your developer console and go to the apk section. Click Beta-Test and hit "edit list of beta testers". You should get a link like https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.locus.
Testers need to click on that link...

Or Google for "how to set up beta testing in play store correctly"
8)  :P
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

szebenyib

I can't see it either :-S
Do we have to use Google plus for this (the app) or just sign up in the community once?
(This Google plus app has really taken a bad direction (can't sign out, battery and mobile data drain) with the new version. As long as I can use the old version (allows me to log out and kill the app) it is no problem.)
  •  

tramp20

Sorry but I do not want to use Google+ and none of the other social medias.

Gesendet von meinem D5503

Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

berkley

I'm already beta testing some other apps.

Guys, don't worry. You don't need the g+ app and you don't need to stay signed in. It's just a sign up process. You will get your test app delivered through the play store.
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Bucky Kid

Quote from: tramp20 on April 25, 2014, 17:40:45
Sorry but I do not want to use Google+ and none of the other social medias.
+1. Tho I naturally have a Google account I don't have Google+ set-up (and would like not to do it). Any chance to have download for all users?
And one additional question, would this be problem provide testing versions with both Free and Pro ID? (so that users of both editions could decide if having testing version installed aside or inplace of official build)
  •  

szebenyib

Quote from: berkley on April 25, 2014, 17:45:48
You don't need the g+ app and you don't need to stay signed in. It's just a sign up process. You will get your test app delivered through the play store.

Super!
  •  

gynta

Quote from: tramp20 on April 25, 2014, 17:40:45I do not want to use Google+
Quote from: Bucky Kid on April 25, 2014, 18:18:34...and would like not to do it
A pity.
If this is a easy and good way for Menion - it's ok for me too.

btw.
and as berkley say: don't worry - google has your balls already  8)

KaHeMu

It's really bullshit with new g+ beta testing. After unwilling register to g+ I don't get any new version. It's worst, after reinstall free version from play store I'm getting a lot of advertising.
>:( >:( >:(
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

Bucky Kid

I must agree, new beta testing channel is more complicated than before. My phone is mostly on slowish 3G connection so getting versions from Play store is a pain. Would that be problem to keep distributing test version in both old and new channels?
  •  

szebenyib

I have subscribed to the community on g+ but I cannot see the testing version. Can someone help me why?
  •