I found no way to drop a TB which is in my inventory

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

c.s.g.

Hello balloni55,

as far as I know you have to log the geocache where you want to drop your trackable.
If you have already logged that geocache as found you can write a note.
In that logging dialog there ist a possibility to drop the trackable (via a button I think).
I have Locus Pro not present at the moment but I will look at it as soon as possible.

As far as I know the groundspeak-api offers no possibility to drop a trackable without
logging / write a note to the correspondig geocache where it is droped in.

c.s.g.
  •  

c.s.g.

Hello balloni55,

I found some further information here.
In the chapter "How to" there is a subchapter called "Log trackable". There is mentioned:

Quotef you need to log trackable within some cache, it's recommended to use methods described here, so directly during logging a cache.

Unfortunately the link here points to a page that does not exist  >:(.
But I am still searching for more information  ;) ....

c.s.g
  •  

balloni55

Hello c.s.g.
thanks for your answer and effort :D
I´ll try it out, but  first i have to grab another TB to check it ;)
I think the workflow is not clear and logical ???
In my example i wrote online my log, after that i´v tried to drop the TB.
In third screenshot  you see "current Owner balloni55" so the selection "discovered it" in last screenshot make no sense.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

there are currently some problems on groundspeak testing server, but immediately they fix it, I'll try to check where is problem, because seems you're doing everything correctly.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Quotebut immediately they fix it, I'll try to check where is problem
good to hear, so possibly you present us a "easteregg" :D :D :D
nice weekend
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

c.s.g.

Hello balloni55,

using locus pro 2.20.2 this it how it works:

(1.) Select the cache you want to drop the travelbug
(2.) Click on the "tree points" button in the right upper corner of the cache dialog
(3.) Select "Feldnotizen" (sorry,I only have the german version of the button captions present)
(4.) Select "Logge deinen Besuch"
(5.) Change the found status of the cache to anything you need (If you already found the cache select "Notiz schreiben")
(6.) Complete the form
(7.) Select the tab "Inventar" above the dialog below "Bestätigen"
(8.) Click the "Laden" button
(9.) The trackables in the cache an the trackable in your hands appear
(10.) Select the appropiate action in the "Keine Aktion" box for the travelbug
(11.) Log the cache by pressing "Bestätigen"

So it should work  ;).
I only have not find out how to write an individual "abgelegt"- or "besucht"-text for the travelbug.

I hope this helps.
So everything with locus pro 2.20.2 should work as expected .....

c.s.g.
  •  

Menion

mthod that described c.s.g is exactly how it works now. So it's not generally a bug. Anyway I've improved it so if you try log a trackable directly in cache screen and you own this trackable, you get also option "Drop off" in this case. (in next version of course)
  •  

balloni55

Hello c.s.g. and menion
sorry for late response ;)
with your precise instruction i can drop a TB :D but the workflow is very complicated and so i hope for a good solution in next version ;)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

c.s.g.

Hello,

Quote18.4.2014 - Locus 2.20.2.1

For really brave "Locusers"

changes compare to 2.20.2
- added support for drop of trackable items in cache without need to post a log (from menu > log trackables)

is it possible to add "visited" and "fetch from" a cache to "from menu > log trackables" too?

c.s.g.
  •  

Čelda

I can realize that the possibilities of TB/GC logging already implemented in Locus are far from being perfect, however, they  seem to be usable.

QuoteIs it possible to add "visited" and "fetch from" a cache to "from menu > log trackables" too?
Just two minor remarks:
- "Fetch from" is actually (by Groundspeak) called " Grab it from ...". Or you mean the basic type of log - "Retrieve from ..." ?
Locus should stick to these original Groundspeak wordings to avoid confusion.
- In my opinion "visited" is a totally useless and nonsense type of log which was presented by Groundspeak not long ago. It only messes up loglists. I have decided to ignore this type of log even when I log my geocaching actions sitting by a proper PC.
  •  

c.s.g.

Hello,

Quote"Fetch from" is actually (by Groundspeak) called " Grab it from ...". Or you mean the basic type of log - "Retrieve from ..." ?

Sorry for not being precise enough. I mean the basic type "Retrieve from <name of the cache>".

c.s.g.
  •  

Menion

hmm oki, I'll improve it, but firstly I'll need some more help from experenced caches ...

To log trackable in cache details screen, I just created this scheme

- we know current owner
  - you are current owner
    - add DROP OFF
  - else
    - add GRAB IT FROM CURRENT OWNER

- if you are not an owner
  - we know in which cache is item now
    - add GRAB IT FROM GCXXX
  - and always add
    - add GRAB IT FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE

- and finally add these (always)
  - add VISITED
  - add WRITE NOTE
  - add DISCOVERED IT

Uff, don't know if this is exactly clear, but hope so :). Any tips for improvements?
  •  

Čelda

I think it is rather complicated and complex indeed. Even Groundspeak could simplify it ... Isn't there a state diagram available by Groundspeak? However, your proposal is confused too  :o
You should distinguish between "an owner" (the person that founded the TB/GC and let it distribute) and "a current holder". Furthermore, it is decisive what the last known TB/GC position was before your new log (your hands, a cache, hands of another cacher) and in case it is not "your hands" whether you know the tracking number.
Generally:
When you weren't the current holder before your new log and you are going to become it:
- You RETRIEVE IT, when it was in a cache
- You GRAB IT, when it was in a different location than a cache
The oposite direction (you were the current holder before your new log and you are going  not to be the current holder any more)
- You DROP IT in a cache
(- You can also log "VISITED" a cache, which is a useless type of log, where you remain the current holder after the log)
Apart from the basic types of logs above you can:
- DISCOVER IT - meaning you have seen it somewhere but just wrote down its tracking number and let it be
- WRITE NOTE - meaning you want to comment the TB/GC no matter where it is

There are even some special actions when you are the owner of the TB/GC (eg. you can declare the TB/GC as lost) but in my opinion Locus should not solve this because this is really too specific.
  •  

Menion

Thanks. Anyway when you switch my un-precise work 'owner' for a 'holder', then I think my system is correct

- we know current holder
  - you are current holder
    - add DROP OFF
  - else
    - add GRAB IT FROM CURRENT OWNER

- if you are not an holder
  - we know in which cache is item now
    - add RETRIEVE IT FROM GCXXX
  - and always add
    - add GRAB IT FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE

- and finally add these (always)
  - add VISITED
  - add WRITE NOTE
  - add DISCOVERED IT

And I also agree that actions related to real "Owner" are not needed in Locus for now ...
  •