[APP] - version 2.20.X+ (updated 27.5.2014)

Started by Menion, March 25, 2014, 16:20:46

jurek77

This button (point info) not working on Nexus 7 2013, and Motorola XT320. I have message "Unfortunately, Locus Free has stopped".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  •  

Bucky Kid

I've got these errors with this version too. Try to backup config, clear app data, uninstall test locus fully then install again from store and restore config from backup.
  •  

Menion

@balloni: I forget to fix problem with track points - so now

@Raddino: work with field notes isn't perfect, but try menu > Geocaching Live > Field notes or in menu > Geocaching Tools > Field notes

@jusc: I know, it needs simplification. Anyway please try color slider on right side, which change base color

@szebenyib: if you have "Locus" style, then double tap do not zoom. It's probably due to "one tap, one up, one tap and slide", and if I remember correctly there is no way to disable this now.

Vector maps - autoload: means that Locus try automatically load another map if you are on border of current map

Shading - it's directly from Locus. And too light - I'm sure everyone want's different strength. Unfortunately there is currently no public settings for this feature.

@gynta:

panels after rotate - damn, you're right, thanks

To change profiles, just go to settings. Where is a problem?

double tap in store - it really still happen? Weird, I'm unable to simulate it

@jurek: please instead of some un-install etc. just create for me a log.

EDIT: log not needed, problem found, thanks!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

szebenyib

Yes it is more like a tap and slide :) If it is not a great work please implement a checkbox for it to turn off.

Auto-load: thanks, now I understand what it does!

Shading: see pictures attached. I honestly barely see it, however I definitely remember climbing steep hills there with my bicycle.  ;) As comparison I attached one picture with turistautak.hu (relief version) which is quite nice.

The turistautak.hu version.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on May 28, 2014, 08:45:44
@gynta:panels after rotate - damn, you're right, thanks
not only rotate...

QuoteTo change profiles, just go to settings. Where is a problem?
Can you create a clip for me PLEASE ;)

Quotedouble tap in store - it really still happen? Weird, I'm unable to simulate it
will check again...
...and can reproduce this in 10 seconds
btw. store has problems with landscape mode

eldron

@szebenyib
Your screenshot looks more like there is no shading at all. Could you please tell us which map you were using when taking those first screenshots? And is it a vector or a tile map?
  •  

szebenyib

I have checked it again, and although it was switched on (quick switch) it was not active for any type of map in the free version. After I have found that in the menu I activated it for vector maps (that's what I use: openmaps -> vector map downloaded from there, with their theme). Now it works as it does in locus pro, I was a bit noob with it but I just used the quick switch.

However comparing it with the relief turistautak.hu map it could be a bit more darker., so the issue remains. That hill there is really a hill, and a stronger shading would emphasize that. See the two screenshots attached. Especially in the sunlight I would barely see the difference. I can say that because I tend to use this vectormap while en route with bike and I have noted that earlier just forgotten to mention it.

•  

stebu

Hi!

One minor "downgrade". In current pro (and previously) the selected map type (online, personal, vector ...) was remembered.
In the latest test version, Locus always opens online maps. If I'm using a vector map, I would like vector tab to be opened!

2nd:
When I'm viewing a downloaded online map (peronal) and I have no internet connection, I do not want to see the red "Problem with internet connection" banner. The old system with the error text inside the empty tile was much better.

•  

Stargaterunner

If I try the new Locus store, I get an error message:  "Unbekanntes Problem fehlercode: 23" / "unknown problem error code 23"
  •  

Menion

@szebenyib: it's not so simple. Created shading on device isn't so smooth as one generated on server. When I increase dark color, it won't look so nice. Also as I wrote - everybody wants something different ;). We should anyway talk about it later.

@stebu: first problem - thanks, fixed. Second - I do not see any such error. It happen to you just when you open 'Maps' screen? Weird, there should be no attempt to connect to internet

@Stargaterunner: thanks - try it please once more. It's was a problem with older @googlemail.com in your email.
  •  

Stargaterunner

Thanks menion, the store works now.  :D
  •  

szebenyib

•  

jusc

I found differences between Pro and test version in planing a route (add route and measure).
In the test version the route doesn´t follow the way as in Pro version

Left ist test version, right is Pro version. It doesn´t matter if you choose an online route service like yours or the BRouter
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

hmm in this case it should depend on third bottom button - button no. 5 ( http://support.locusmap.eu/hc/en-us/articles/200033951-Add-new-route-Measure ). Do you have same state (enabled/disabled) on both devices?
  •  

jusc

Quote from: szebenyib on May 28, 2014, 10:53:41

However comparing it with the relief turistautak.hu map it could be a bit more darker., so the issue remains.

You can use overlay like OSM layers HBM Hillshade

Regards J.
  •