[APP] - version 2.20.X+ (updated 27.5.2014)

Started by Menion, March 25, 2014, 16:20:46

eldron

I did a longer field test today (5 hour caching tour) with the latest test version.
Absolutely love the new track record screen! So handy to have all the information about the current trip on one screen.
Also loved the fact that now the points created during track record have the right symbols (e.g. photo symbol for photo point).
I did have one problem with the points though: When creating a new point (during track record or normal waypoint), I used to be able to delete it by pressing the menu button and selecting delete. When i now press the menu button the screen darkens, but no menu opens. Is this again connected to me using Android 2.3.6? It worked fine in older versions.It´s just a bit annoying, as i can´t delete a Waypoint from within the point screen anymore.
And there is still an issue with the height chart in the track record screen. On the left hand side I can see the altitude values, but sometimes there is just one, sometimes three (even though there is not enough space for 3, so you can´t read them properly). Any chance to improve the placement of those values?

Other than that the test version worked absolety fine and without any crashes. Oh and being able to reach the hint and log cache button with one click was great too ;-)
I also played around with the POI alert and realized that the vibration is automatically deactivated when you choose a sound. Would it be possible to use both at the same time?
  •  

wvb

I posted this on Google+ but since I'm not sure if that was the correct place I'll post it here too
:-)

Quote:
This is the first beta I installed from the 2.20.2.x series.

I really like the new trackrecording screen!
Garmin maps rendering is also clearly improved.

I did notice an issue with Field Notes showing the wrong timestamp (today instead of existing).
Steps to reproduce:
- open Geocache with existing Field Note
- click the button on top right
- click Log visit
- click existing Field Note
- click Store offline
then you will notice the TIME field has current date and time and not the one that was originally stored...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

•  

Menion

@ta-ka: I do not understand, why such problems with settings happen to you :/. When you add new profile, it has these 0 values for 'num of points' and 'track width'? Also with track width - there should be able to set decimal number, it's not limited to integer values.

- restoring default profiles - I believe this is not necessary. Default profiles are just suggestions, it's not needed to use them. You can also set them manually - they are here at bottom: http://support.locusmap.eu/hc/en-us/articles/200039002

- jumping tab - you found bigger problem. When keyboard appear, whole layout height is reduced to fit new screen size. I have fixed this, because it's unwanted behaviour on map screen. Thanks!

- weather icon - thanks, also fixed

@eldron: glad you like it, me too :). 5 hours testing, nice. I did yesterday also one small and found few small issues with logging a field notes and also with correct storing of icons of points attached to track. Both will be fixed in next version.

- "Menu button" - change to grey when you tap on "menu" is caused by side menu, that appear only when point is cache and here is empty :). Issue - fixed. Anyway delete button was always at bottom panel, so tap there on last "arrow up" button and at bottom is "Delete" button.

- Labels on Y axis of charts - I've improved it a little, so it should be better now

@wvb: I read also posts on G+, no worry. I just hope that today will be better weather here, so I'll spend few hours with testing out on bike and I also plan to test this issue.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

eldron

@menion
Looking at the times of your posts-when do you sleep??
I was not talking about deleting a cache, that still works. I meant a point created during track record (for example a picture point) or a point created from the side bar-quick New point our normal point doesn't matter.
  •  

Menion

I sleep around 5-6 hours, so somewhere between :)

I know you talk about basic points. I just wanted to say that when you open a geocache, then by "menu" button you open side menu with list of options. In basic point, there is no such menu, but "menu" button still opens this side panel (menu). But this time, menu is empty, so you see only dark screen. Anyway I already solved this issue at morning, thanks!

And deleting point directly from track - I think it's possible only when you store a track, not during a ride, but I have to check it ...
  •  

ta-ka

Quote from: ta-ka on May 13, 2014, 15:34:41
'Point count' and 'Track width' in the recording profile, the shown values are zero for new installation.

Quote from: menion on May 18, 2014, 07:27:58
@ta-ka: I do not understand, why such problems with settings happen to you :/.
My explanation was too short. 'for new installation' means brand-new Locus installation to device.
So, new Locus users will face the problem. That's what I worry about.
Please follow the steps below to reproduce the issue.
1) remove or rename Locus folder in /mnt/sdcard
2) uninstall and install LocusTest or just invoke 'Reset preferences' in settings menu
3) check 'Point count' and 'Track width' in recording profile

Quote from: menion
When you add new profile, it has these 0 values for 'num of points' and 'track width'?
Nono. This works without problem.

Also with track width - there should be able to set decimal number, it's not limited to integer values.
I'm sorry I was wrong :'(   I tried again and confirmed decimal numbers are accepted.
I don't know why it wasn't... even I had double checked.

- restoring default profiles - I believe this is not necessary. Default profiles are just suggestions, it's not needed to use them. You can also set them manually - they are here at bottom: http://support.locusmap.eu/hc/en-us/articles/200039002
I see. I've reported it because it's possible to retrieve default profiles in current Pro version.
Then, that's fine for me. I'm able to configure recording profiles as I want. And thanks for the link to the manual page.

- jumping tab - you found bigger problem. When keyboard appear, whole layout height is reduced to fit new screen size. I have fixed this, because it's unwanted behaviour on map screen. Thanks!
Ah, I didn't think screen height change was already a problem. ;)

- weather icon - thanks, also fixed
Good.

I went hiking today with Locus Test 2.20.2.6 enabling 12 items in the recording panel including two charts. There was no Locus crash during 9 hours of track recording. New recording panel is really good :D ... well, for me, except profile change during track recording ... I found that it needs 7 taps in total. (5 taps to change profile + 2 taps to go back to map)
@all:
Anyone who is interested in on the fly recording profile change, please vote.

Finally, I report one issue about chart view of the tracks in DB. For some tracks, automatic x-axis scaling is activated in normal chart screen. I haven't found yet the exact conditions to reproduce it but it seems to happen if position of track point of the track and current GPS position is very near.
  •  

Raddino

Is this version release candidate? I don't mind new side menu, but I really miss one-click hint and fieldnote :-(

edit
After i tried new option in menu (it is possible it's there for a long time)
Body zajmu, i downloaded about 5Mb and this appeared.

•  

Menion

@ta-ka: thanks. I'll check settings precisely tomorrow. I agree that this is really serious problem for new users so it have to be set correctly for them.

I also had a problem with chart for common track, but I completely forget on this, so thanks for remind!

@Raddino:
1) quick buttons in screen with geocache detail, will be possible in settings > geoaching (at bottom)
2) "Body zájmu" - it's advanced feature planned on July/August probably (we are little in time pressure not so it will take longer then expected). What is in Locus is just testing, so ignore it ...
  •  

jusc

I tested yesterday first time track recording with new track buttons (http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3919.msg29309#msg29309)  while cycling. For me it was not handy. The very small green button isn´t usefull while you are cycling. Even if you stop and try to pull the button for opening the track menu it´s hard for your fingers to hit the target. :(
In older version you had only to tap on the "Pause" or "Stop" Button. That worked for me without any problems.
Isn´t it possible to add 3 transparent buttons ( "Pause" "Stop" and "Quickpoint") to the left or bottom like in Gyntas screenshot, without using a dashboard?
I think I saw it some test versions before?
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

Sorry jusc, but this is not possible.

If you need big buttons for track record on screen, why you don't want to use dashboard just with these three buttons?

Also you had previous track record panel on the screen for a whole time? If not, then you always had to tap on "Track record" button in right panel (or in menu) and then on required button. It's same here.
  •  

tramp20

@menion,
can I remind you that the automatic backup does not really work?
After a reboot the automatic backup is broken but after an update of the test version it works after all :-)
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

yes I know - neverwnding problems with this feature. I keep this topic in mind ( http://help.locusmap.eu/responses/auto-backup-does-not-work#comment-10103 ), don't worry.
  •  

eldron

I did a long bike ride today and again the latest Locus Version worked well and the track record screen came in handy.
Just a few small issues:
It looks like some people (including me, but there is at least someone else in one of the German threads) don´t have the green track record button on the left hand side after closing the track record screen. I thought it might be another android 2.x issue, but the other person is using android 4.x .
And the other issue concerns the height profile chart in the track record screen, i found two issues with it.
One concerns the Altitude on the left, i described it before and just wanted to attach some screenshots to show what I mean.
"Altitude1" shows how it should be, the other two show the problems.
As I can only attach 4 pictures I will describe the other issue in the next post.

•  

eldron

The other problem happened to me a couple of times today.
I opened the track record screen and the correct height profile (see picture HeightProfileCorrect).
But after a few seconds only the last two kilometers of the track were shown (see picture HeightProfileWrong). This was reproducable for a while, until it suddenly worked again.

•  

ta-ka

Quote from: eldron on May 19, 2014, 22:31:23
It looks like some people (including me, but there is at least someone else in one of the German threads) don´t have the green track record button on the left hand side after closing the track record screen. I thought it might be another android 2.x issue, but the other person is using android 4.x .

Hi, eldron.

Please check your setting at Settings > Map - control & panels > Right panel visibility.
In my case, if 'Never hide' is set, recording panel tab at left-bottom doesn't appear at all.
It appears only if 'Always hidden' or 'Hide...while' is selected.
Because I want to see both right buttons and recording panel tab,
I select 'Hide...while' and set 86400s to 'Hide menu timeout'.
As my devises are android 4.x, I hope these tips work for android 2.x too.

@menion
Is is an intent or an issue that recording panel tab visibility depend on the setting of right panel visibility?
  •