[APP] - version 2.20.X+ (updated 27.5.2014)

Started by Menion, March 25, 2014, 16:20:46

Menion

@balloni: images are not preloaded. So they are loaded when needed. Images in logs should be stored in Locus/cache/images directory and images in "Images" tab are cached automatically by web browser in internal memory (where is limit for cache around 10MB)

And really no need to sorry about waypoint. It's my problem that explanation is not clear!

@ta-ka: thanks. I received one report on bugsense, but it will need some more testing later. Anyway what application are you using for a taking photo/video? I'm on 99% sure, that duplicates are problem of this app, not Locus. Because Locus only say to system "Call app that store image/video to this X file", and that's all. When this task is done, system call back to Locus "OK, done" in case you took a photo or "Sorry canceled" if you canceled it.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

ta-ka

Thanks for the explanation. I always use the default camera app.
Meanwhile I'll try another camera app from Play store.

P.S.  please have a look at my previous post about 'avi' and 'mp4' extension of the video.
  •  

ta-ka

Please confirm two things about Google Places Search.

1) "Google Places Search > search > More > More" sometimes gives "No search results". It's not 100% reproducible but it happens.

2) The pop-up message "Point is not stored in the database" is shown twice.
      - Google Places Search > search > Select all > (x) button at top-right > 'Load more information'
      - then 'back' button
    I think the pop-up message is even confusing and may be unnecessary.
  •  

balloni55

QuoteIt's my problem that explanation is not clear!
this misunderstanding generate i new idea  ;D
if a cache has a WP "parking area" display it automatic if this option is selected.
So the geocacher is able to guide/navigate direct to the parkingplace 8)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Bucky Kid

Yet before releasing public version...a minor bug in waypoint screen (editing). Pressing back button saves changes in text fields, but discards icon change. From this it's not clear if back behaves as OK or cancel. I still would suggest using back button as cancel. Anybody other give vote for this?

Edit, oh no back really behaves as Save, new icon shows on the waypoint screen, but doing edit again, old icon is used, ie. edit dialog doesnot seem to receive data from once updated waypint screen.

And Edit2: waypoint editing screen is still not handled after sliding out virtual keyboard (scroll range won't cover top of the dialog)
  •  

gps2003

When will the new version be available in  Google App Store. I like to wait for the new version, but I'm waiting for the Dashboard fix.

Thank you

Andreas
  •  

Menion

new version is uploaded, so it will be ready for download during a few hours. Seems there will be still some minor issues, but hope nothing serious that should wait ...
  •  

jusc

Quote from: gps2003 on April 08, 2014, 18:09:27
When will the new version be available in  Google App Store. I like to wait for the new version, but I'm waiting for the Dashboard fix.

Thank you

Andreas

You know that there are already some dashboards from other users in this forum?

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk

Regards J.
  •  

gps2003

Quote from: jusc on April 08, 2014, 19:14:41

You know that there are already some dashboards from other users in this forum?

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk

No, i didn't know this, but I am a brand new user and more and more astonished of all the Locus Pro features.
  •  

CaptKaos2

Gave it and the new version of Geocaching4Locus a good testing today on Bodmin Moor, worked great, not one problem. Only one thing I am not sure about, how do you add an image to geocache log?
  •  

balloni55

Quotehow do you add an image to geocache log?
i think it works only in the other direction, you are able to see photos in logs of others
http://www.locusmap.eu/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/geocaching_log_images.png
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

•  

balloni55

QuoteIt's needed to update them over Geoaching4Locus add-on.
Hi menion
how i can update my PQ loaded caches over GC4L ?? :-[
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

go to folder with caches, select these you want to update and in bottom right button is "Update caches". You may update all at once, this new system should handle it correctly (up to 6000/day)
  •  

CaptKaos2

Thanks balloni55 and menion, that explains why the attachment photo didn't upload. :)
  •