[APP] - version 2.20.X+ (updated 27.5.2014)

Started by Menion, March 25, 2014, 16:20:46

Bob Denny

•  

layio

Is any metod to change tabs order in point/geocaching screen?
  •  

balloni55

QuoteIs any metod to change tabs order in point/geocaching screen?
not yet, vote here ;)
http://help.locusmap.eu/responses/new-screen-for-points-order-of-tabs
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

ta-ka

I'm sending two issue reports and one request. Thanks in advance.

1) Export to kmz always overwrite existing file even if Settings > Miscellaneous > Overwrite data is unchecked.

2) Locus crashes after 'Take a video'. I confirmed it on GNote2 and GTab7. On HTC-J, Locus didn't crash but the video didn't appear as an attachment.

3) The texts 'Distance to start point' and 'Distance to end point' are shared in the different context. One is for track sorting by distance and the other is for trackpoint/waypoint screen. There seems no problem in English, but in Japanese translation, it currently gives strange meaning and I want to improve it. May I ask to introduce 'Sort by dist. to start/end' for track sorting and leave 'Distance from start/to end point' for trackpoint/waypoint screen?

•  

Menion

New version ... all should be fixed ;)

About support for 2.X Androids - don't worry. This won't happen sooner then in Q3/2014 and on 100% this happen only after perfect Locus version.

@ta-ka: both problems fixed. Texts will be ready for translation on crowdin later. Thanks!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion thanks for your work ;D
Tabconfig work well ;D please add discription in config "GC start tab" basic is also possible ;)
Arrow for switch on/off minimap is a nice new feature!
QuoteNew version ... all should be fixed ;)
not at all ;D i think you are not unemployed 8)

after cache update i have to reopen it to see new logs, this was ok in test version you provided to me.

scale photo, no improvement. Do you see my suggestion in #47 ?

#2 is not solved for me sorry k@y, after i click the down left button in opened WP window, map is displayed and not listing
http://help.locusmap.eu/responses/some-annoying-bugs-in-2200-1

POI, Trackpoi and WPT work well :D
#21 + #27 sorry, "trackpoi name" isnt marked anymore, it worked in last testversion
QuotePhotopoi the name is selected but the keyboard didn´t open automatic :-[
EDIT:
Save Track is not selected
both not solved
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

eldron

@Menion
Just downloaded 2.20.1.1 after skipping 2.20.1 and i must say - whatever you did, the new point screen now loads super quick again, no more waiting time.
So I just want to thank you for your constant improvement of locus.
When i look at companies like microsoft, with their multi billion dollar budget, and they still have bugs that have been known for years (!!!) in their mainstream software like Word or Outlook it always impresses me how you sometimes fix bugs within hours of being reported.
Keep up the good work!!
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on April 01, 2014, 17:01:48
New version...
Very good idea the option to hide the minimap.
That was the first step ;)

ok, why i have to read the POIname twice?

If you remove now the second name bar, we have another view to important POI info line

eldron

@gynta
the second name bar makes sense, when the name of the point is quite long - which is not unusual with geocaches.
The top bar in the geocaching point screen has some additional symbols (for hint and logging) and has therefore got less space for the name of the POI. On my phone it´s a difference of about 15 letters.
Also, the second bar displays the cache symbol (Tradi, Multi, mystery etc.). So from a geocacher´s point of view the second bar does make sense ;-)
  •  

gynta

Hm, in this case..
..nice again for GC community..
Years ago a forum user wrote, he fears, Locus will be a poor GC tool in next time...
I think now, he was not soo wrong.  ;)
60% work is GC stuff. ::)

joeloc

The "Save Actual Part" function of a currently recorded track does not work as expected. I would think it should remember the name I enter there for subsequent calls and also for when I finally finish the track recording. It should also overwrite the track in the database when the name matches.

Right now, when I manually enter the same name every time I use "save actual part", I get duplicate entries with equal names in the database. Thats not good.

When the name remembering is fixed, we could think of an "Auto Save and Export Actual Part every XX minutes" option in that window. This would allow us to always keep a current GPX track of the currently recorded track in the export directory. We could use that with further scripting to automatically geolocate pictures on the fly, update trip web sites while the trip is happening, etcpp.

Greetings from California...
joe.
  •  

joeloc

Btw... thanks A LOT for making the point screen instantaneous again! I was about going to suggest to render the mini map in a separate thread, but apparently you were quicker :-).

You probably dont always realize that when testing stuff in the comfort of your development couch. But every single place where Locus "delays" the user interface turns into a major nuisance and multiplies a hundredfold when conditions are worse. Think about moving bicycles, think about being in a snow storm, think about being in blinding sunlight with sunglasses, think about sweating your ass off in a dry desert, think about being in serious battery preserving mode. Even delaying by just a tenth of a second is too much already. It always makes you wonder if Locus recognized the tap, if you need to tap again, if you missed the button, if something else is wrong, etcpp.

A snappy and responsive UI in each and every case adds SO MUCH to the usability and to the "feeling" of Locus that it cannot be underestimated. On the other hand... "fade to black" thingies and "work in progress..." views are the worst thing ever.

Just my two cents... but I know I am kind of "extreme"... :)

•  

Bob Denny

Quote- disabled dismiss of "Edit coordinates screen" by touching outside

Thank you!! I fly in a shaky helicopter and I touch outside this box and POOF! Now it will stay!
  •  

eldron

Quote from: gynta on April 02, 2014, 00:30:00
Hm, in this case..
..nice again for GC community..
Years ago a forum user wrote, he fears, Locus will be a poor GC tool in next time...
Well if that´s the case, then Locus is the best "poor" GC tool I have ever seen ;-)
It´s a big notch above all other Geocaching apps I have ever tried.
I might be wrong, but I would guess that a big part of the Locus userbase are geocachers, so maybe some development in that directed is justified ;-)
  •  

szebenyib

Quote from: gynta on April 02, 2014, 00:30:00

Hehe I use it 60% for gc, the other forty for planning tracking reviewing :-) So it really is great that it has gc support.
  •