Main Menu

GC option wishes

Started by balloni55, March 10, 2014, 10:50:24

balloni55

please add an option to search for "GC........" code in "sort by window" geocaching options
and
add the logoptions "temporary disable cache/enable cache" to Field notes/Log your visit
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

KaHeMu

Would you like to search something in sort window or add parameter "GC- Code" to sort list?
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

balloni55

i hope my modified screenschots are better understandable ;)

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

KaHeMu

Unfortunately it isn't better. I think you mixed up 'sort by smthg.' and 'search of smthg.'.
For searching there is button next to the right side, you know. And there you can search for GC CODE already!

Sorry if I'm on the wrong path.
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

Menion

I agree with KaHeMu. Search by GC code is partially possible by "Filter" tool. If you into filter, write GC code, it should work for now.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Thanks for your answers
QuoteIf you into filter, write GC code, it should work for now.
sorry for me it do not work :-[
i tried it with the Tradi "Zum Holzwurm" and searchterm GC3W7BG, see attached screencapture
https://www.dropbox.com/s/why7j1v52yxtvki/GC_search.mp4
I start search with no result, after that i click "show on map" the displayed area is ok, but all Tradiicons are deselected :o
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

hmm I was almost 100% sure it works.

Thank you for an video. It's an issue that is now fixed.

Anyway what happen to you next is correct. Because you tap on "Show on map", Locus applied filter on all items in folder (none match) and show them on map. Rest hide
  •  

balloni55

thank you menion,
so i´ll wait for next testversion ;)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

KaHeMu

Thank you for clarification but I'm certain I used this in former version with positive results.

Regards,
KaHeMu
  •  

Menion

I also think it worked, but by code, it have to be somewhere in deep history before filter was improved by "geoaching tab"

Balloni, will you be able to test improvements in logging a cache (in next test version)? Because I have no own cache, I cannot simply test it by myself

I did this improvements, oki?

•  

balloni55

Quotewill you be able to test improvements in logging a cache (in next test version)?
sure i am a testrabbit ;)
one consideration, if the cache is enabled, the owner of a cache has the option  "temporary disable listing" and if the cache is disabled he has the option "enable listing", the options are alternating.
I do not know it has an effect on programming? in Your screenshot both options are visible at the same time

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

Quotesearch for "GC........" code
with  Locus 2.19.1.4 it work now :)
one possible improvement, while openening the cache clear the searchtherm.
Quoteadd the logoptions "temporary disable cache/enable cache"
owner maintenance, temp. disable cache, enable cach work well :)

one additional question, in "Logs" the 3dot button" behind a log i am able to "remove" the log. what is the benefit of this option?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

hehe, you are the second one who ask on this.

Ormoru wrote some suggestions into this topic http://help.locusmap.eu/responses/new_activity_for_waypoint . Check his image named 5.logs png.  Because I know he is skilled hunter of caches, I also believe his suggestions, so I added this button :). I found it useful in case you have some long logs in listing and want to remove it. If this button has no sense, tell me and I'll remove it. No problem

And about clearing a filter after search - I'm not sure, becuase there may be cases when you want to clear, but there may be also cases when you don't want.
  •  

balloni55

Quoteso I added this button
it is not important for me, i only want to know necessity, so let it exist ;)
And about clearing a filter after search
if i search with GC code i get maximum 1 result and after i open this  the searchterm can be cleared
if i search e.g. for "night" and get more results, the search term shouldn´t be cleared and so i am able to check all results
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

I would really like to hear more options on both points as I do not have clear opinion

1) "Delete button" - I should remove it or leave it - has anyone usage for this?

2) "Clearing filter" in case result of filter is just one points - all agree that it should work in this way? Because I do not like apps that do too much work behind my back and this is case, when I return to filter and ... something has changed, damn :)
  •