[Q] batch renaming

Started by Christian, March 04, 2014, 09:49:46

Christian

Hi guys,
I used to use naming my tracks with a lot of characters. Since Locus does't support auto scrolling track names i got a problem.
So i have to rename all tracks.
The pattern i have to change are quite easy. The first four characters have to be deleted.
How to do it?
Exporting all, renaming by an external tool like Total Commander?
Or there are possibilities within Locus?
Or editing the tracks.db directly?
Any suggestions?
Thanx,
Christian
  •  

Menion

Hello Christian,

before some suggestions (maybe best to change name directly in db), I just want to inform you, that I think it's not best idea to improve track names to fit precisely your current device, mainly because of two reasons
1) when you change device, screen resolution probably also change

2) I plan to improve this screen. I have already idea in head how it should look like and I'm little bit worried, that four characters won't be enough.

Anyway if you want, I can offer you small service. In tracks list is first icon which is not needed, because it's just same as icon of folder. I can add a settings to config file that allows to hide this icon. Because later instead of icon, should be small overview, so this settings may be useful in case, user will not want such overview in list
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Christian

Thanx for offering special service.
The first four chars became useless since you introduced folders in track manager. After renaming track names will not fit any display but doesn't matter....
So whats the best to rename ~400 tracks?
  •  

Christian

I edited easily in db. Quite nice and fast :)
  •  

Menion

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •