Geocaching - Averaging a batch of sample coordinates

Started by Peter Cloet, February 21, 2014, 18:41:07

Peter Cloet

Hello,

Not sure if this functionality is "hidden" somewhere and I haven't found it yet or whether this should become a feature request.
On may GPS devices used for geocaching, you have the possibility to "sample" your current GPS coordinates and get an average of this sample. This is particulary useful when hiding a cache and measuring up the coordinates.

Is this already available?
If not, where should I place my "new feature" request?

Greetz,

Peter
  •  

balloni55

Hi Peter,
create a POI/waypoint, klick on the pencil right the coords, in new window you find Co APPS "GPS Averaging".
Start it and than start the measure, stop the measure when the accuracy is good and store the Poi
Locus Map 4.23.1.2 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

Peter Cloet

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback.

I installed the GPS Averaging tool but unfortunately it doesn't seem to want to work with my external Bluetooth GPS.
Any other suggestions?

Peter
  •  

Menion

hi Peter,
  yes this is most probable. Using BT GPS with GPS averaging should be possible if you install and use Bluetooth GPS application from Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=googoo.android.btgps

then you should connect to BT GPS and received data should be usable also in GPS Averaging. Little bit complicated, but it should work
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •