[APP] - version 2.19.X+ (updated 17.3.2014)

Started by Menion, February 14, 2014, 13:53:34

szebenyib

Hi!
I have tested the new version and it now loads the waypoints almost correctly. It loads the waypoint screen first with the map being visible (the top little part of the screen), then it blinks (screen goes black), then comes back in a scrolled down position so that the 'geocache' part is visible.

This blinking is rather annoying, can it be repaired somehow? I actually don't mind if the window is not scrolled down, but I don't really like blinking.

Other remarks:
first of all the screen is NICE!

it is awesome that I can get to the screen by 1 click instead of two!!

- the top right button is actually geocaching related. It would make more sense to change its icon to another, for example two letters: GC that way everyone would know that it is GC related stuff that lies behind

- waypoints tab: I just always wanted to tap the middle of the screen to add waypoints where it writes tap + to add any. Maybe because of the symbol. The screen is nice but gives the feeling that one should press the + in the bottom where it is written. Can a functionality like this be added here and in the attachments screen?

(- Hungarian geocaching.hu caches, the multi ones are not working 100%. Parts of the multi are missing, only the final part is shown. It has used to be always this way, this is not new. But it would be nice to see them on the map without having to write down the coos, and input them manually again. Having a checkbox to make one individually  visible would be really nice. That way one could show them if needed, and hide them to avoid map clutter) Shall I put this in the wishlist in new help site?)
  •  

Menion

@john_percy: hope it will be better in final version ;)

@ivolino: PM me email and if you want Free or Pro and I'll send you it

@szebenyib: black blink is my small nightmare. It was a lot worst. Surprise for me is that you see it a moment later after map, because usually it should appear before you firstly see a screen. But it has nothing to do with scroll of screen, so by disabling it won't fix it. I'll try of course to fix it because it's really annoying as you wrote.

top-right buttons - it's more complicated. These buttons are generated by Android and are placed automatically based on screen size and orientation. Try to rotate your device any you'll see that number of buttons in panel will be different. And I'm also unable to simply change three dots in corner.

about '+' button - it's on more screens then just these two. I was thinking about exactly same. It's not a problem to make it clickable, but there is more serious problem. When you click on it once, then after adding waypoint/atachment etc., this button won't be visible anymore. And because you previously added item by this button, you do not know that there exists another way. Hope you understand. So that's why I don't want to make them clickable.

- hungarian caches - I do not understand why multi-caches do not work on 100%. May you attach me a sample GPX with some more info? I'll gladly fix it if there is any problem.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

If i create a new POI with taken photo or a Photopoi  and "Discard" it, the photo is stored and not deleted ???
i know function settings/Misc/Clear tem.Data ;)

If i open a Cache, the minimap is not visible, i do not know it is intended. For me it will be better/more logical, to start on top of the page ;)
and if i open a WP the WP-Icon in minimap disapeares after a short second.
See attached video
Locus Map 4.23.1 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

perfect, so problem with not updated point screen after you press "Update cache", solved (as discuss over PM). Thanks.

problem with remaining attachments after you press "Dismiss" is little problem for me now. So later? :)

problem with icons on map overview - fixed, thanks
  •  

tramp20

@menion,

is \locus\data\preferences in use?
I always make backups of this dir with DropBox/DropSync and noticed that there were only old files from 2013 :-(

The automatic backup works perfect now :-)
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

nono you may delete it. All is now completely backuped by Backup manager
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion,
if i add  a photopoi, save it and want to share it, the window with the shareoptions is blinking endless :o
the same behavior apears when i try to share an existing poi.
If i close the testversion and reopen it i can share all poi´s without any problem.
See video
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uochq5st2eazpok/share.mp4
Locus Map 4.23.1 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

szebenyib

Thanks for your reply, I completely understand and it is all ok. I have checked the cache and the problem may lie in the source data. I will get back to you once I had the time to examine this thoroughly.
  •  

Menion

@balloni: very interesting balloni. Mainly because dialog you see blink is not from Locus app, but it's already system dialog. I have added small code that should close sharing dialog before this one appear, so we will see if it helps.

@szebenyib: fine, thanks

So topic is closed. Hope We will have an luck with new version ;)
  •