[APP] - version 2.19.X+ (updated 17.3.2014)

Started by Menion, February 14, 2014, 13:53:34

joeloc

Quote from: menion on February 28, 2014, 22:26:24
In first step I did screen with "No save button", because I also like it. But we did an user testing and 6 from 8 users wasn't sure if point was really saved. Just two though it's ok. So there will be probably save/cancel buttons, but "back" will work in same way as save. Only "cancel" really cancel editing. But it will need another testing .. anyway you'll see during next week.

You can never go really wrong if you follow the choices of our google overlords :-). Kitkat contact editing basically has Save and Cancel and Back saves as well, just as you suggested. It shows a little toast too when the contact is saved, that would take care of users not knowing.

edit
If I tick "route only, no navigation" checkmark when drawing a new route, I still get hundreds of unwanted waypoints added. Is this a bug? I really only want the track, not the waypoints.

edit
More bugs: After the map downloader finishes downloading the last tile, it hangs forever (no cpu usage). You have to abort the operation manually. The map will still work afterwards.

The german translation is also wrong here. When I click on "Abbrechen", I get a new dialog that gives me two choices:
"Abbrechen" and "Abbrechen"!?

I guess one means to really abort and the other means to abort the abort procedure? Thats a bit weirdo :).

•  

gynta

Bucky Kid

Helllo,
I found two minor bugs in track creating mode:
1. Bottom map controls toolbar isnt autohiden
2. If switching between personal <-> vector map during editing, all segments created with other map type are hidden

•  

KaHeMu

Quote from: Bucky Kid on March 02, 2014, 07:38:29
Helllo,
I found two minor bugs in track creating mode:
1. Bottom map controls toolbar isnt autohiden

Same with top bar.
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

Menion

hi guys, it's not a bug, but an intent. When you are in mode of creating a new route, autohide feature is disabled. You may anyway hide it manually by double-tap

@Bucky Kid: problem 2) - I'll check it, thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

joeloc

Attached KML is a few hundred waypoints. Put it into mapItems. It works nicely when enabled as a mapItem in Locus. However, when I try to import this file (with the ... menu from the mapItem view), Locus will not import any waypoint at all but try to import a track instead.

Some KML parsing bug?
  •  

Bucky Kid

Thanks menion for the update, do you think full toolbars autohiding could be enabled per setting in config.cfg? Not so big issue but I think some users would more prefer keeping all unneeded toolbars hidden by default (double tapping to invoke right side toolbar to invoke track builder also slides up bottom toolbar which is not intended to use during track editing). So I think this behaviour is a bit more consistent with global autohide preference,

Edit: By the way
Quote from: menion on March 02, 2014, 08:37:43
You may anyway hide it manually by double-tap
I tried this and double tapping doesn't seem to affect bottom toolbar at all (it only shows/hides right-side toolbar)
  •  

gynta

Quote from: joeloc on March 01, 2014, 12:20:30
More bugs: After the map downloader finishes downloading the last tile, it hangs forever (no cpu usage). You have to abort the operation manually. The map will still work afterwards.
is there an reproducible example?

szebenyib

Hello,
there is a small bug in track export. It does not remember the location I set for gpx export properly. It remembers the path but not that it was the dropbox 'variant'.
Steps to reproduce:
1: export track as gpx to Dropbox
2: export it to runkeeper
3: export track as gpx -> it will offer as default to save to sdcard instead of dropbox. Once I select the location it remembers where it exactly in dropbox was, it just doesn't remember to use dropbox instead of sdcard.
  •  

joeloc

Quote from: gynta on March 02, 2014, 11:58:10
Quote from: joeloc on March 01, 2014, 12:20:30
is there an reproducible example?
I can reproduce that 100%, Locus hangs every time and never closes the window at the end. I mostly download google hybrid, but I dont think the source matters. Neither does the position. What might matter is that my maps are always >10000 tiles, so the download is stopped at one point and continued later. Maybe that causes the problem at the end? Maybe reproduce by stopping manually and continuing?
  •  

Menion

@joeloc: with KML import it is not an issue. In your file is on line 2492  Placemark where is a line! (somewhere in the middle of the ocean). If Locus import any file and there is just 1 track and X points, then all points are attached to this track and whole file is then imported as a single track - for me it works in same way also over "data > items".

@buckykid: I'm now thinking if such behavior - keepding panels visible at all costs in case you edit track or some other tasks, is really necessary. Maybe I should disable it at all and work with panels in same way, no matter what feature is currently running. I'll think about it

@szebenyib: thanks for precise description, problem fixed

@joeloc: I think this should be a problem with unfinished download. I'll take a while to test it, but I'll let you know, thanks
  •  

joeloc

Quote from: menion on March 02, 2014, 20:14:40
@joeloc: with KML import it is not an issue. In your file is on line 2492  Placemark where is a line! (somewhere in the middle of the ocean). If Locus import any file and there is just 1 track and X points, then all points are attached to this track and whole file is then imported as a single track - for me it works in same way also over "data > items".

Hmm... I see. Is there any reason why you do this? The line/track doesn't have to do anything with the points/placemarks according to the kml, they are completely separate. Why would I want them "mangled together" when importing in Locus? I'd rather have them in a separate waypoint table so I can search for names etcpp.

But maybe there are too many files out there that use one track and separate points as if they should all belong to the track? But shouldnt they be inside the track specification then in the source file?

On a related note: It would be useful if I could enable/disable rendering of named waypoints that belong to a track in the tracks rendering options. Sometimes they just get in the way of everything.

edit
Has the pressure sensor code been looked at recently? If I enable "automatic" calibration of the pressure sensor, I get horribly wrong altitudes at first. When GPS is enabled, first I see the correct altitude (eg 500m). Then after a second, it jumps up to 680m and then very slowly (like 1 m per second) decreases down to the correct value (500m) again.

I found out that the slowly decreasing thing is due to the altitude filter. If I disable the altitude filter, it jumps back down the correct value immediately.

That doesnt change the fact that this bogus 200m up and down jump at startup destroys the first few points of a recorded track and pretty much makes all future climbing/sinking data wrong.
  •  

tommi

On my S3 I use track recording with pressure sensor automatic calibration based on srtm data at least once a week and checked now the recordings of the last weeks. All are exactly ok as they all start with 472m, the altitude where I start recording.
What phone do you use? In the past people reported problems on Galaxy Note 2(?).
A year ago or so I had several discussions about pressure sensor with Menion but at least since a half year this works really nice for me.
  •  

Menion

Hi,
I would like to introduce new testing version. Main change is new screen for points. Please don't kill me. I spend on this many days. Funny is that difference is not so huge and if I knew how much time it takes, I'll probably never do it :). But it's done, there is no way back, so it needs to be perfect now ;)

@joeloc: I'm unable to simulate problem with downloading. When map is compeletely downloaded, Locus always close downloading dialog and move to map manager together with refreshing list of maps. This do not happen to you?

And I also had no problems with pressure sensor anyway I'll check it, what may cause such huge jump in altitude values at start. Thanks
  •  

joeloc

Uhm... why do you STILL have an EDIT menu? I thought the whole idea of this redesign was to get rid of that. It is so majorly pointless and majorly wrong :-(.

Now, there is not much difference to the old system at all. I can STILL see a name that I cannot edit without this extra menu. I can STILL see a Folder that I cannot edit without this extra menu. I can STILL see an address field that I cannot edit without this extra menu.

By forcing this extra menu on your users, you are not just adding two extra taps to jump through. You also force a different view of the very same data on your users. Stuff jumps around on screen, stuff is formatted differently, stuff looks different. It means users have to refocus and readjust.

You even put in extra work to make the point view NOT editable by ghosting the folder box. Please...

WHY... WHY... WHY? Whats the point of this extra EDIT menu? Whats the reason for its continued existence? Why can I not simply edit stuff in place in the one (and only!) point view? Why do you insist on making your UIs so unnecessarily complex? It is not helping Locus.

Sorry if that sounded a bit harsh... but that's my very first impression. Eat it or ignore it, I feel misunderstood :-).
  •