[APP] - version 2.19.X+ (updated 17.3.2014)

Started by Menion, February 14, 2014, 13:53:34

gynta

next config.cfg contradiction
Quote# color of empty tiles (default: #FFEBE8E5)
map_empty_tiles_color=#EBE8E5
default: #FFEBE8E5 is currently #EBE8E5

Menion

thanks, problem with missing '00' after closing Locus fixed.
Problem with missing 'FF' after saving is not a problem, because color with alpha 'FF' (255) is same as without this value, so there is no need for specifing alpha channel

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Christian

Beside of any coloring problems the increasing speed of rendering vector maps is amazing.
Thanx to menion.
  •  

Menion

perfect, glad to hear. I'm just worried I'm really close to limits. I've checked and tested all possibilities that should be changed in mapsForge library. Anyway result is quite usable, which is fine :)
  •  

jusc

Regards J.
  •  

KaHeMu

Quote from: menion on February 22, 2014, 01:07:14
hmm so generally you miss defined groups in data > tab Points / Tracks?

I'm testing it now also on older 2.3.5 Android and it seems to work correctly. Think how to solve it ... some screenshots? Maybe better if you may share with me Locus/data/database directory?

If I downloaded free versions from forum site in the past there wasn't any problems with running as pro for limited time. Only free version from Google market has another behaviour and runs as free with ads and limited functionality.
If I bought Locus years ago I bought it from Androidpit and nowadays it isn't listet in Google market/ my apps. Can this be the difference for things go wrong?

Regards,
KaHeMu
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

Menion

@jusc: suggest to discuss in topic you created. I gave my answer and see there no problem to solve.

@KaHeMu: hmm is in your Pro versions works all as should? Weather service for example?
  •  

KaHeMu

Hi,

up to now all functions like weather, navigation, OSM notes, overlays and so on are OK in PRO version (2.19.0). Locus shop too.

Regards,
KaHeMu
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

gynta

anoter refresh problem on the mapscreen
see clip

Henk van der Spek

Before upgrading I allways make sure that I have a backup (of the .apk) of my present version (the version that I am totally content with). I do that for every APP I use.

Oh, Oh, I cannot do that on 2.18 anymore.
Why? And is there a workaround?

Because: it is quite imposible for me to test everything in Locus and when during active use, I discover a problem, I could then easily revert to my previous, perfect version (without internet connection at hand or whatever).
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

balloni55

QuoteOh, Oh, I cannot do that on 2.18 anymore.
why not? for me it works with "ES Datei Explorer" up to 2.19.1

ESexplorer/menue/manager/installed apps/locuspro/back/menue/backup
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion,
i took a late look on
QuoteJust a small taste ... feedback and ideas (based just on screenshots) are welcome
geocache window
http://postimg.org/image/z2nwwajkd/
i suspect, a click on icon top right in 4.th screenshot open the selection.
In this view i miss 3 options: "update cache"  "edit" and "guide/compass"

An additional thought/wish from me:
"hint" is only visible if a hint exist, otherwise "hint" is invisible or grayed.
"waypoints", if no waypoint exist change it to "add waypoint"
So you can avoid needless clicks ;)

I am excited to the next testversion to play with it ;)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Henk van der Spek

@balloni: With ES file explorer 3.1.0.2 no success.  "Backup failed". Also sending it to Drive failed.
I can backup all other apps (as I could with Easy Backup and with App Backup and Restore). So ??

Edit 27 feb: I am working on it with PM help from Balloni. Maybe its my new MotoG but still, Locus is the only App I cannot do an APK backup for. Locus shows a lock symbol next to the icon in some backup applications.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

joeloc

Hmm... am I too stupid to see the new points screen? Looks just as always to me. Sorry if this is a silly question, I kind of missed a few versions and don't really know what has been going on. Maybe a secret config option?

Is there a new track screen as well? Or will there be one? Will it also unify display and editing in a single view as suggested here: https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topics/unify_track_information_and_track_editing_in_a_single_view

I applaud this change in general. It is a big step forward to a cleaner UI. No save buttons, no edit buttons, no mess.
  •  

Menion

@gynta: thanks, I'll fix it

@hank & balloni: interesting. I have no idea why this happen. Maybe something with "Move to SD"?

@joeloc: welcome back from another trip ;). You suggestion on GS is what started this change. Points screen is in preparation and will be in next test version. Track screen, in similar design as Point screen will come also, but later.

In first step I did screen with "No save button", because I also like it. But we did an user testing and 6 from 8 users wasn't sure if point was really saved. Just two though it's ok. So there will be probably save/cancel buttons, but "back" will work in same way as save. Only "cancel" really cancel editing. But it will need another testing .. anyway you'll see during next week.
  •