Main Menu

S-Pen support

Started by vkap, February 14, 2014, 05:13:10

vkap

I recognise the fact I am minority (Locus users having Samsung Galaxy Note 1,2,3). But it's stilus, s-pen, is very precise instrument and simply pleasant to use. I'm sure, menion will understand me ;)
So I'll just leave this topic here, waiting and hoping.

Suggested functions for S-Pen:
1. Precise selection. Especially when drawing a route.
2. Highlight point name when hovering over it, not touching
3. My dream - highlight wikimapia polygon with name - the same way as their mobile site does, when browsing it with Chrome.
4. Drawing a route just freehand, not clicking points.

That's what is on my mind right now. Maybe other users can add something else.

•  

jusc

I would support this.  :D
+1
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
  I was looking on it around an year ago. And as I see now, situation is same. To make this work, it's needed to use Samsung S-Pen API library. Unfortunately this library is around 3MB big, and I'm not a big fan of adding such huge library just for a quite tiny feature.

Also I understand it may be useful, but it also require quite a lot of time (and I do not speak about wikimapia which should be really hard work) and I currently do not want to invest time to this, sorry
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

silber1

I use tow pen-tablets. Pen is fine, but I agree with menion, that there are some more generaly useful features to be done in Locus. I see a danger that too many wishes will one day overburden Locus.
My next hope is the offline POI.
  •  

vkap

Ok, at least I have tried ;D  Sure, offline POI is much more desirable feature. And, stability is first of all.
  •  

Christian

I suppport the idea of using the S Pen 'cause i'm a Note user :)
The function and the fat library should not be included in the Locus core. Better as an add-on.
  •  

rkirmeier

S-Pen support would be very nice. I often manually make tracks and would be great if you could simply draw the track with S-Pen. Can't believe a 3MB lib would be a discouraging factor in any way...
  •  

druki

I support the wise decision not to put any possible feature into locus and keeping an eye on the size and quality of the code. This is for me the story of success of Locus. Even if I would have an S-Pen device, I would not like a 3 MB library for it in Locus.
  •  

jusc

You don´t have a S-Pen device, so your decision is  easy  ;).
3MB more what is the problem?  The first Germany map from OpenAndroMaps two years ago, was about 1.0 GB big, today about 1,7 GB.
But nevertheless I would prefer this functionality as an addon, too, specially for those useres, who don´t want to use it. On the other hand, why isn´t it possible to use the library which is already installed on the S-Pen phone?
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

Anyone from you may create an idea on new helpdesk if you think it may be interesting for more people. As I see, there is currently no idea about sPen support http://help.locusmap.eu/search/spen ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Christian

Might @vkap can do it?
  •  

vkap

Christian,  sure.  Today or maybe tomorrow.
  •  

vkap

•  

prawns

I would add a +1 for spen support but that website is a nightmare using my phone and isn't allowing me to change my password. 10 minutes and I gave up on it. Please consider this a +1 from me. My maps are 3-4 gig each and 3 Meg extra for spen support is nothing

jusc

@prawns,
did you register this new website?
You´ll get a new password at your named email address and have to type it manually the first time (at least for me).
Copy an past didn´t work to log in.
Password change worked too with manually typing it.
Maybe it´s a better option to do it wit a PC...

@vkap
thank you for opening this thread at http://help.locusmap.eu/responses/s-pen-support-in-locus  :D
Regards J.
  •