Locus disappeaes after phone restart

Started by Radek Strnadel, February 13, 2014, 17:52:09

Radek Strnadel

Hi to all,
I need help. I have bought LocusPro and succesfully istalled it. Everything works fine. But when I close the app and then restart/shutdown my phone, the app disappears and I have to install it again.
It's very very annoying and discomfortable...
Any idea how to solve this?
Thanks for any advice.

My phone is xiaomi red rice (hongmi)
Runs on android 4.2.2 HM2013023, MIUIv5 stable JHBCNAL5.0

R.
  •  

jusc

Are you able to create a log?
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual:how_to:creation_log I think it's the best way to find out, what's the problem.
Regards J.
  •  

Radek Strnadel

I tried do log, but not able to generate it. There is no dev_record_de bug_logs line in my config file. So i tried add this command to the end od config line and follow instructions. No log file was created...

I am not sure this is the right way to solve my problem.

Thanx
  •  

Menion

Hello Radek,
  jusc's help won't help here. Unfortunately. If something like this happen, it cannot be problem of Locus, but some different issue in your system. I can garantee, that Locus do not have function "uninstall after restart".

I really suggest to just simply un-install and install again. It also depend if you have your device ROOTed or not. If so, you may check if exists /data/data/menion.android.locus/ directory. And maybe delete it also (after un-install)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Radek Strnadel

I have no root on my phone,do I didnt find directory You mentioned...
So I have to go on seeking for solution...
Díky...
  •  

gynta

Hi
Try to install the latest testversion from here.
- Start and use "Locus FREE(!)"
- Enable "Record debug logs"

- Exit Locus Free
- Tell us what happened.

Radek Strnadel

So, I have tried what gynta said:
installed latesttesversion, run it, enabled "record debug logs", exit locus, switch off phone.
After starting phone the app is still installed and seem working correctly...

So the conclucion can be, that after actualization it will be fine?

Thanks all for your time and advices and especially to menion for best app in my phone :-)
  •  

gynta

So in this case you can disable "Record debug logs"
...and wait for next Pro-update .)

Radek Strnadel

OK, thank you again!
Be sure, that I'll be back if anything goes bad :-)
Have a nice eve...
R.
  •  

Menion

Guys, Radek mainly, this really has nothing to do with code in Locus. It can't have.

Test version is just different application that is installed correctly. With current Locus Pro, your device has some problem. But it's not a problem in app itself, but some problem that had to happen during install.

Just try to put this "android app removed after restart" to Google search and you'll see that you are not alone ...
  •  

Radek Strnadel

I have tried asking "uncle google" earlier but didn't find satisfying answer. Don't think that the problem is in istalling Locus app on sd card or directly to phone memory. (In my old phone locus was installed on sd and everything was ok)
I don't say that this is a fault of locus, just trying to find solution.
Maybe will help to unistall pro version and manually clean everything that has to do with locus (but I don't know how to do this without root my phone) and istall locus pro again.

Last question...when will be next pro version update realeased?
R.
  •  

Menion

Quote from: Radek Strnadel on February 13, 2014, 21:47:09
Maybe will help to unistall pro version and manually clean everything that has to do with locus (but I don't know how to do this without root my phone) and istall locus pro again.
I think that same. Unfortunately as I know, only solution to be sure app is completely removed is using ROOT or factory reset.

New version - I wanted tomorrow, but I'm still fighting with remaing problems with map rendering, so maybe during a weekend ...
  •  

Christian

Problem is the MIUI ROM. Never had such poor expierience...
Spontanous shutdowns, disappeared apps, missing phone calls, hidden proxy and so on.

Stable MIUI is an oxymoron.
Better try another ROM.
  •