Calibrate automatically pressure sensor?

Started by jusc, February 12, 2014, 08:51:55

jusc

Is ist possible to add a feature or setting, that calibrates automatically the pressure sensor. at some places, if I want it?
P. e. if I start normally my track recording at home, I would like that the pressure sensor will be calbrated at the GPS altitude, while the track record starts.  Because the GPS coordinates ar not always exactly, there should be a tolerance of some meters of course.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

Hmm automatic calibration is performed everytime, you enable GPS in Locus. So if you turn off GPS in Locus and then turn on, it will be re-calibrated.

Is this usable for you?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

Maybe You or I missunderstood.
Does the pressure sensor (baro) recalibrate automatically the GPS altitude?

I meant: if I start track recording at the same place and want to have measured altitidude within th tracks, the pressure sensor in Locus should get the GPS altitude for the use of the pressure sensor on defined places.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

hmm maybe I now understand better

please check this manual: http://support.locusmap.eu/hc/en-us/articles/200028131-Altitude-manager#pressure_sensor

I hope there is everything described. If you have enabled "Automatic calibration", Locus just take current altitude value, but only in case there are no offline HGT files. Otherwise it prefer values from these files.

Better? :)
  •  

jusc

Sorry, for  delay,
If I understand correctly, the measured hight with pressure sensor would be only taken if there is no matching *.hgt file?
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

No problem.

Hmm I'm not sure if you understand what I wanted to write :)

• You start Locus
  • In altitude manager, you enable using Pressure sensor with automatic calibration
  • Start track record and enable GPS
  • Now Locus start calibrate GPS
  • It collects data from pressure sensor and compare them

• altitude from HGT files if exists in your location, or
    • altitude from GPS
  • Result of calibration, is one number - difference between altitude from pressure sensor and altitude (GPS or HGT)
  • this "one number" is then used, added, to every measure location. This mean, when locus receive new location, it compute absolute altitude from pressure sensor and add this "one number"

That's whole magic. Hope it's clear and hope it answer you on your question
  •  

jusc

I understand. That´s good for me.
btw. Do you still use the Note 2? I ´m using it with an 4.3 custom rom, but stock rom based. I´m ot sure but it seems, that it is possible to use the pressure sensor even the display is off.
Or the altitude is originally from other sources.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

Sorry no, I'm back on older SGS 2, to be able to test on low powered device ...
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on February 15, 2014, 16:49:34I'm back on older SGS 2, to be able to test on low powered device ...
i think its time to order a new phone..

Menion

you won't believe me, but it's still best device I ever had ;)

•  

szebenyib

Quote from: menion on February 15, 2014, 16:49:34
Sorry no, I'm back on older SGS 2, to be able to test on low powered device ...

Really hats off! Good to see a developer who cares about the ones who don't want to buy a new phone every two years. It is really annoying that apps are getting bigger and slower thus making your phone slowly unusable, no matter how good it used to be. Please keep your good habit :-)
  •  

Menion

ehm arrgh ... it's no so hot, sorry :). During work at a desk, I use in 95% time Nexus 7/II . But rest of time SGS2, so I hope it cover most of possibilities.

Anyway Locus also grow. This version is almost 10 MB big, so quite huge app. But size isn't everything. Compare to some games, is 10 MB really small. It's all about optimization in code, not in final size.
  •  

szebenyib

Actually I own an xperia p, it runs okay. 5% is enough, just don't 'kill it it' :-) ( like Sony did with e.g. dialer. They did not add any new functionality but it became just slower with every update.)
  •