Download of sqlitedb from internet to android device not working..

Started by Kay Cichini, February 08, 2014, 21:31:38

Kay Cichini

Hello all,

I've created some overlays and put them on a server for download (http://terrain-overlays.blogspot.co.at/p/download.html). When trying to download from the web to a android device's sd-card, the files in sqlitedb format are not downloaded but opened in the android browser, displaying its content and hyroglyphs.. When I open the links on my laptop or pc they are downloaded as they should.

Is there any way to circumvent this and download directly to the sd card from the web? Or would I really have to download to my pc or laptop first and then transfer to sd-card..

Thanks,
Kay
  •  

druki

Hmmm, I think it's an android/browser issue.
I can directly download on my Xperia V with Chrome and also use "save link". Files are stored in download folder. From there (via ES Exlorer), I can click it and are asked by which app I want it to open.
Maybe this is the point: Your mobile opens the filetype in the browser.
Try to delete the standard assignment by going in system settings->apps, choose your browser and reset the assignments for filetypes.
Some stock browser have problems in open unknown file formats, so maybe trying an other browser could also provide a solution.

Chrome (longclick link):
  •