stop recording - and dont save

Started by gynta, January 22, 2014, 21:29:14

gynta

Why "delete"(means discard) record track, is hidden in a strange puzzling operation?

And i miss "Stop->Discard" also here:

vkap

•  

jusc

Regards J.
  •  

herlek

•  

Menion

and how often guys, you need to close Locus and discard current precious track record? Isn't ability to stop (button on panel) > delete (button in menu of saving screen) enough?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

herlek

Yes that's right but if you just started using locus it is confusing.
  •  

vkap

menion, I don't know why but there is some strange thing: When I start Locus it often starts to record a track as if it was begun previously.  But I am sure I ended track recording last time. This happens every 2 or three times when I start Locus. For such case it will be better to have a quick button to stop and discard recording.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on January 30, 2014, 08:35:29
and how often guys, you need to close Locus and discard current precious track record?
as an heavy user / tester - like me?  more often :)

Menion

@herlek: understand

@vkap: never heard about this problem ... if you are recording and then you close Locus with back button, then recording will continue when you start Locus again. There is need to end recording first. Isn't this that case?

@gynta: I know, but .. ehm .. you're special case ;)

Oki guys, I'm going to discuss it with Peter. I have something in my mind, so maybe ... ;)
  •  

vkap

@menion: Not my case. I end recording, save the track, then exit Locus. When I start it again - it "thinks" I didn't end previous recording.
Just a minute ago I remembered I have a sync task of all Locus folder with Google Drive with a third-party app. Maybe it returns Locus into "track recording" state.....
  •  

Menion

ah yes good point, this is possible. Current track recording state is stored in Locus/cache/track_rec , so I suggest to remove at least this directory from sync. Better whole cache directory ...
  •  

vkap

•  

Menion

•  

gynta

vkap

•