Locus deactivates the sd-card and crashes under CM 10.2

Started by franc, January 22, 2014, 06:51:10

franc

Hello

I just installed the Cyanogenmod 10.2 on my SGS2 as a try-out and installed locus.
But something is weird: I have the locus folder still on the external sd-card (64 GB, extFAT) which is named now "/storage/sdcard1" instead of previously (under 4.1.2) "/storage/extSdCard".
When I start locus, I see that initially it seems all right, locus reads from the locus folder from this sdcard, but after maybe one second there is a message "Problem with data (Points/Tracks)" and locus crashes if I try to restore (StackOverflowError / File.java / fixSlashes / Line 185) and restarts without any settings.
In fact, the sd-card is not anymore visible (in the FileManager), after locus tried to read from it.

I don't know how locus is able to throw out or deactivate the sd-card, but this is what is done, the external sd-card is not anymore visible, I have to reboot my phone to get it back.
I have other apps, which use this external sd-card without any problems, even big files, though!

I reinstalled locus, after renaming the locus-folder and then locus works, but when I copy one of my map-files (vector or online) into the maps-folders, the problem begins again.

What could I do?
Is this related to the different name of the external sd-card?
Then how could I change it?

This is a weird issue, and in the CM forum, they don't know about this, so I ask here.

Thank,
frank

EDIT: I will try now, to reformat the sd-card from extFAT to FAT32, with the drawback that maxFileSize is 4 GB (which I haven't anyway. I guess, that CM 10.2 is buggy with extFAT, so when locus tries to open these big map-files the system has an issue.
Why on earth this is not with other apps, I don't know. E.g. I have "Aard", using several 1 GB Files for wikipedia without problems.
I guess this is a bug in extFAT system of CyanogenMod 10.2
Will post here if it works with FAT32...
...WORKS!!!
Locus Pro - always the actual version on Xiaomi Mi A1 mit Android 9
  •  

Christian

You can format the card within clockwork also with sizes over 4GB.
You should not use extFat for a user data partition. Problems are well known.
  •  

franc

I formatted the card with Dos tools to FAT32 and now it works.
What formatting does CWM do?
  •  

Christian

I lost data on card two times. Same error as you. Card was formatted in PC with fat32.
A hint in a forum said formatting the card in phone should work. No worries since than.
I don't know the difference.
  •  

berkley

Yep.
Always format even a brand new micro SD directly from the phone.

That info would have saved me to buy three micro SDs in on week...
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

franc

Quote from: berkley link=topic=3660.msg26442#msg26442
Always format even a brand new micro SD directly from the phone...
Moment, if you format the sd-card in the phone with 4.1.2, you will get extFAT as FS, not FAT32.
There is no choice which FS I would like, in the phone.
This was my problem.
I thought automatically that this is the best system for the phone, but it is not for CM-ROMs. They are still buggy with extFAT I think.
  •  

Christian

No. If you format the card in phone through Android GUI you will get a data partition over the whole card in FAT32 readable by Windows.
If you use clockwork you can have a partition with extFAT for Apps on the card ( not easily readable by windows) and a swap partition in extFAT AND a data partition in FAT32.

Tested and proofed with CM 7.x and CM 10.x
  •  

franc

Quote from: Christian on January 25, 2014, 13:54:35
No. If you format the card in phone through Android GUI you will get a data partition over the whole card in FAT32 readable by Windows.
If you use clockwork you can have a partition with extFAT for Apps on the card ( not easily readable by windows) and a swap partition in extFAT AND a data partition in FAT32.
Ah, so is that!
I have probably with CWM formatted then. I recall me not very good on it.
Thanks for clarification.
  •