Not saving prefs

Started by durian, January 17, 2014, 17:24:32

durian

Hi,

I bought Locus Pro for my dad, and installed it on his Samsung Galaxy I. Every time I start Locus, it thinks is has never been started before, and I have to press "start", etc. None of the preferences I save are saved - I get no errors, but everything is like new every time I start it.

Anyone has an idea?

-peter
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  it is well known problem on SGS1 ... for example here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=998038 or in many other topics.

only solution as I know, is a root access and completely delete private Locus directory in device memory (when you have access only with root permission)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

durian

Yes, I found the xda posting with the root-access "solution" but I was hoping for a better one  :)

-peter
  •  

Menion

I'm worried there will be no better ... problem is with permissions that are set for Locus private folder. They are not set correctly and needs to be changed. And for this is unfortunately needed root access ..
  •  

durian

Problem solved by factory reset :) Luckily the phone had just been reset last week, so not much was lost, just needed to reinstall everything.

Locus Pro now works properly!

Thanks for quick advise!

-peter
  •  

Menion

sure, just warning. If this device has such problems, it may simply happen, that some new app you install will suffer with same problems ... :/
  •