Latest Locus vs. Samsung TW 4.4.2

Started by kelddaug, January 15, 2014, 21:42:10

kelddaug

Hey Menion
After installation of Stock Tw 4.4.2 on my Note 3 I get database error (waypoints & tracks) i have copied the ones from backup,  but that doesn't help...  What to do.?
I can't restore dashboard and settings either..
I don't understand it , it worked fine with Tw 4.3
Keld

•  

Christian

The path to the database and folders is possibly wrong. Samsung changed in 4.1.2. the name of the sd card to "/extSDCard" wich is really stupid.
So you have to check the path. If its wrong, install Locus from scratch and copy manually all contents in the new folder structure.
Hth,
Christian
  •  

kelddaug

Quote from: Christian on January 16, 2014, 09:23:33
The path to the database and folders is possibly wrong. Samsung changed in 4.1.2. the name of the sd card to "/extSDCard" wich is really stupid.
So you have to check the path. If its wrong, install Locus from scratch and copy manually all contents in the new folder structure.
Hth,
Christian

No i don't think that that is the problem,  it worked fine with 4.3. But not with 4.4.2

Sendt fra min SM-N9005 med Tapatalk

•  

Menion

I also do not think this will be a problem. Locus should find correctly it's own directory even if path has changed. And even if no, then Locus should create new empty database on new location (so it should look like you "lost" your data)

In this case, there have to be a problem with work with database. I suggest to:
- restart your device (helped?)
- check if files (in Locus/data/database) are set to read/write (not locked to "read only")
- you should create a log (if you have rooted device, then simply by CatLog application from Google Play), otherwise is needed complicated method here http://support.locusmap.eu/hc/en-us/articles/200014832-How-to-create-debug-log

Hmm weird is that you cannot restore data from backup file - it looks like whole card is set to "read only". Is this even possible?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

kelddaug

It's is a read /write problem I think,  but I haven't changed anything, from 4.3.
I have done a factory reset,  but the problem is still there.
It is not rooted.
I have activated log in Locus.
Permissions is set to rwxrwx-
Sendt fra min SM-N9005
  •  

Menion

I have absolutely no idea, sorry

In Locus/backup/auto should be automatic backups of Locus settings. Inside zip files are database files as well as some settings. Are you able to manually copy content of this zip file to correct places in existing Locus directory?
  •  

kelddaug

Quote from: menion on January 17, 2014, 10:01:17
I have absolutely no idea, sorry

In Locus/backup/auto should be automatic backups of Locus settings. Inside zip files are database files as well as some settings. Are you able to manually copy content of this zip file to correct places in existing Locus directory?

Yes I have copied it, but still getting the  database error.. I'll wipe it all and copy it all from my Nexus 7 2013 to my sd card and see how that will do.
It won't restore the backups with settings and dashboard either.
I think it is a Samsung bug of some sort. . It works fine on Nexus 7 2013 Android 4.4.2 but not on Tw 4.4.2.. That is weird.
  •  

Menion

do you have rooted device? If so, may you create a log with CatLog program (available for free on Google Play)? It should help
  •  

kelddaug

No it is not rooted..I have deleted the Locus folder on the ex-sd card and installed Locus again and got this.. There are no files in the folder.

•  

Menion

you just have new! "Locus" folder on card and this folder is completely empty??
  •  

kelddaug

Yes.. It was emty when i installed Locus, and it is emty now, that is wierd.. ext-sd..
There is no Locus folder on internal sd either.
I.ll try to play around with it and maybe wipe the phone completely again. I have never seen that before and i have had Locus from the start.
  •  

Menion

oki so if you delete 'locus' folder, locus do not create new after start, right? What about other apps that store data on card? no problem?

Sent from my Nexus 7

•  

kelddaug

No problems with other apps.. I found that if the Locus folder is on int. Sd then it works fine,  but if I move the folder to ext sd,  then I causes that error.
I can also move the app to sd, with out problems...but not the Locus Folder.
I'll will format my ext sd,  to see if that helps.
I have to copy it all first. Brb

edit
I have now formated the Sd card and that did'nt do it.. still same error .
I'll try a earlier Locus apk to se if that helps, with Locus folder on ext sd, I don't want my Locus folder on internal sd.
Edit: There is no apk to dl... so no test.
  •  

Christian

How do you move the Locus folder to ext SD Card?
  •  

kelddaug

Quote from: Christian on January 17, 2014, 23:51:11
How do you move the Locus folder to ext SD Card?

It doesn't matter how it will be moved or copied, Locus will not accept a Locus folder on ext sd. It comes with the error, no matter if it is empty or not.
I can move the locus app to sd, but not the folder.. it's a stock Samsung rom 4.4.2 every thing worked fine on Stock 4.3, so i figure that it a Samsung issue, maybe..... I can't check it on Nexus 7.. there is no ext. sd as you know.
  •