Map legend shortcut vor vector maps

Started by Tarantin, January 11, 2014, 01:00:24

Menion

Ah right, not very forgiving. Thanks, improved.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tobias

Quote from: menion on May 12, 2020, 09:42:41
Thanks for tests guys. Oki, few more updates to next version

- hopefully fixed local links, thanks John. This "mapsVector/_themes/freemap_slovakia.pdf" inside X.lnk file works for me now
- support for more legends based on locale. Just add two-letter language code to the end of files, like X_en.pdf, X_de.pdf
Thanks, works well, even with
- theme.pdf (engl. for general use)
- theme_de.pdf (only for german)
developer of Elevate mapstyle for OpenAndroMaps
  •  

karlchick

I've worked out that I can use a .lnk file to map multiple theme files to the same pdf legend file:

• my_theme_v3.xml
  • my_theme_v4.xml
  • my_theme_legend.pdf
  • my_theme_v3.lnk = "mapsVector/_themes/my_theme/my_theme_legend.pdf"
  • my_theme_v4.lnk = "mapsVector/_themes/my_theme/my_theme_legend.pdf"
The above would allow to have a version of the theme for v3 maps and a version for v4 maps. But both use the same pdf legend file. (Which menion originally said was not possible...)

I've tested this and it works with the latest release of LM.

Question: Can I rely on this usage of a .lnk file (is this an intended usage)?

I'd like to know that this will remain in future releases of LM before I start to do anything time consuming with theme/legend files.
User id: 62b600722
Author of the OS Map Theme:
DiscussDownload
  •  

john_percy

As far as I know that's one of the points in having this link functionality.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

If there aren't any suggestions on how to make it better, consider as a final solution.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

john_percy

This functionality is fine.
I've got somewhat frustrated at trying to set up responsive HTML pages for the legend for my themes. I seem to have forgotten a fair bit of my HTML and got left behind in current developments.
I like the look of the Locus version 3 key. Is there any way to make that available as a template?

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

•  

voldapet

•  

john_percy

@voldapet
I had in mind the html page that I find in the app by a long tap on the internal Locus v3 themes in recent versions. I've only just realised it is exactly the same as online knowledge base page and is consequently not what I would want starting from scratch. 
  •  

voldapet

I see. This legend is quite obsolete and I'm planning to create the new one because our plans with LoMaps
  •  

karlchick

Quote from: karlchick on June 02, 2020, 14:27:21I've worked out that I can use a .lnk file to map multiple theme files to the same pdf legend file:
  • my_theme_v3.xml
  • my_theme_v4.xml
  • my_theme_legend.pdf
  • my_theme_v3.lnk = "mapsVector/_themes/my_theme/my_theme_legend.pdf"
  • my_theme_v4.lnk = "mapsVector/_themes/my_theme/my_theme_legend.pdf"
The above would allow to have a version of the theme for v3 maps and a version for v4 maps. But both use the same pdf legend file. (Which menion originally said was not possible...)

I've tested this and it works with the latest release of LM.

Question: Can I rely on this usage of a .lnk file (is this an intended usage)?

I'd like to know that this will remain in future releases of LM before I start to do anything time consuming with theme/legend files.

I've just tried accessing the theme legends for various themes, and it seems the only ones that work are:
  - PDF legend in the same directory as the theme.xml with the same name, e.g. Elevate.pdf
  - Webpage listed in theme.lnk.

what doesn't work are any PDF legends pointed to by the theme.lnk with a different name. I've tried the above "mapsVector/_themes/my_theme/my_theme_legend.pdf" and also no path i.e. "my_theme_legend.pdf", both result in a toaster message flashing up saying "Invalid value: <content of .lnk file>".

has something changed? Can I no longer map several themes to the same/single PDF legend?
User id: 62b600722
Author of the OS Map Theme:
DiscussDownload
  •  

john_percy

The Elements theme links to Elevate.pdf from a lnk file. That works for me in both Locus Classic and Locus v4, so it still is possible. I think that's what you are wanting to achieve so it's probably worth working from there.
  •