Inclinometer in locus compass

Started by prawns, January 06, 2014, 02:22:28

prawns

I notice Locus pro "kind of" has a inclinometer in the compass screen down the bottom

the screenshot in mine the inclinometer shows 341 degrees and 356degrees

Is there a reset button for this? when I mount the phone in the car its already on a angle which makes the readings not correct to show how far my car leans over.

It also would be good not to have it go from 0-360 degrees, better if it works like a proper inclinometer which you can reset to 0 center once the phone is mounted to the car, and the car is on a flat surface so you can check on your current angle later on when driving around tracks. When i lean left it works good for angle - but lean right and I get crazy 350degree measurement :D

More like this is possible with 0 being center, and leaning either way starts at 1 degree...then 2 degree...then 3 degree etc
like this app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=processing.test.incmeter

Maybe its not supposed to be a inclinometer - in which case can we have a inclinometer added maybe later on? doesnt have to be fancy - whats already in locus would work if it didnt go to 360degrees and had a reset to 0 setting

It only has to go to about 45degrees for left and right lean - at which point the car would probably fall over anyway hahahhaha

Menion

May someone tell me why I do this when I have so much other tasks to do? :)

Button "Výchozí" is in Czech "Default" so it will reset calibration to default value.

EDIT: if you'll want to test it - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8015949/Locus%20%28dev%29/test_versions/2.18.0.2.apk
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

prawns

Quote from: menion on January 06, 2014, 11:09:55
May someone tell me why I do this when I have so much other tasks to do? :)

Because your such a nice guy :)

and WOW dont you act fast! thanks alot mate I will download and try it out :)

Hehehe you didnt have to rush it though - was just a thought for the future perhaps - but Im glad you did thanks alot mate :)

Edit - Seems to work great! Perfect!! Thanks :)

Menion

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •