Brouter track colour

Started by prawns, January 05, 2014, 03:47:27

prawns

Probably a dumb question but I cant figure it out

I use bright red colour for displaying all my recorded tracks, and I use bright pink for the "navigation" and "guiding" colour

If I choose to use for example "mapquest" for the "compute source" and i tell it to navigate to a place - the navigation track to follow is in bright pink - which means its easy to see with my recorded tracks also showing on the screen

BUT
If I choose Brouter for the "compute source" and choose to navigate somewhere - the navigation track shows as red - the same colour as my recorded tracks. This makes navigation very hard as I cant see the track at all with my other tracks also showing on the screen.

I cant figure out how to change Brouter colour to pink instead of red. I choose pink as the colour in the navigation and guiding sections but Brouter ignores this setting? and I cant find any other setting for Brouter to change its colour?

tommi

Navigation screen should always look like this (more or less):
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual:screens:navigation_screen
If you see the navigation element (3) on the screen you're in navigation mode (both normal navigation and navigation beta).

The track gets "the navigation color" and is pretty thick if you didn't change it's look.
Brouter has nothing to do with it, it just calculates a track, it doesn't display it.
  •  

prawns

Thanks Tommi

I think maybe i misunderstood how Brouter works  - I assume it just creates a route then I guess? (my screen looks different than the one you linked to)

Its in "guide" mode at the moment and its pointing me to the road out the front with bright pink arrows - Im not sure if that changes if Im actually in the middle of the road or if it would stay the same

As long as this is normal behaviour for brouter thats no worries - Im happy just to have offline ability for navigating and can deal with the colour to have that great option of displaying a new route without mobile signal easily :)

The result:

From my location looks like this

As long as all is as it should be :) Thanks mate

Menion

hmm what you see is just "Guiding mode". To change color of this track, you have two choises

1. in "Navigate to" screen, tap on "Store permanenty" and place your track to any folder. Then track will have color of folder
2. or change default color of tracks (that are not stored in any folder) in menu > settings > misc > color of track

"Problem" is that track from BRouter do not contain any navigation orders now. So it's needed to use "Navigation generator" to be able to start "Navigation" also on such track. Hope this helps you
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

prawns

Yes it does help me!

Thanks very much Menion - thats a easy way of getting the colour I want :)

I did option 2 and its working great now with pink instead of red :)  So happy hahahhaha

Voice guidance doesnt worry me, I drive slowly on dirt tracks offroad and dont need voices (I use locus offroad mostly - the tracks are still on the map though so brouter works good)

Menion

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •