POI questions

Started by balloni55, January 01, 2014, 19:05:31

balloni55

QuoteSo in next version, I firstly check if these values are set and if so, I'll not overwrite them
sounds good, i´ll test it :D
Quoteyou also wanted to store current angle of view when you take a photo. But now I see, that it makes absolute sense, that such feature should do camera program itself
so it is ;)after long search i found "open camera", this app store the current angle in exifdata, if the photo is taken direct with this app but if you take it with locus the current angle is missing.
Try it yourself, "Take" a photo and "Pick" a photo and you will see the difference in exifdata
Locus Map 4.23.1.1 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

I know I know, Locus do not store angle into EXIF. That's what we discuss here.

I just want to say, that it make sense that this value should write camera program, not Locus.

And as I see, exists "OpenCamera" program that do this, so there is no need for some workaround in Locus
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Puh....i try it oncemore with other words, hope to make it understandable for you.

1. take a photo with "OC", it is stored with exif "Image Direction" in DCIM/OpenCamera. I can "Pick" it to a POI and this photo contains furthermore the "Image Direction" :) see screenshot in post #11 right below "green rectangle" and attached photo "OpenCamera"

2. start locus, add "new POI"/Attachement/Photo-Take, do it with "OC" and save it. This photo is stored without exif "Image Direction" in Locus/data/photo_poi.  :( see screenshot in post #11 top right "red arrows" and attached photo "Locus+OpenCamera)

in my amateurish understanding this behavior depends on locus

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

ah understand, but this is a problem of OpenCamera, not Locus.

It works in a way
1. Locus send request to system: "take image and save it to xxx.jpg file"
2. You pick application, take photo and confirm
3. Locus check result and if file exists, attach it to point
4. In current version, Locus also overwrite location and altitude values. In next version this won't work and Locus write location and altitude only if it's not already set

So if in image took by Locus are missing any EXIF data, then sorry, but it's not problem of Locus, but OpenCamera program, so I suggest to contact it's developer, who should set also all EXIF data if request is from 3rd party app
  •  

balloni55

Thank you very much for your description and time 8)
now i understand
I´ll contact the developer as you suggest

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

sure, you're welcome. Sorry it took so long till I answered exactly. Your question was clear, but I always answered on little bit different question :)
  •